Skyrim Melee Attack Lag/Bug

Tumri

I loaded up skyrim for the first time in a month+ and noticed some weird melee attack lag. It appears that swift mouse clicks aren't triggering attacks. My character swings 0% of the time if I simply click once with my left mouse button. My character swings 100% of the time if I hold the mouse button down for a short time. This is incredibly annoying because I'm forced to power attack half the time just to get my character to swing. This wasn't happening when I played last time with patch 1.3 and I haven't installed any mods that would effect my melee attacks at all. I'll post a video of it if people don't know what I'm talking about.

That happens to me if I have a very low framerate. It was only a problem when I used ENB, since that lowered my framerate so much. Anyway, it's probably framerate related. I have it capped at 30 fps now, and it no longer happens, so if your framerate is above that, it must be a more complex issue.

Yeah my FPS was a solid 30 because I also have it capped at 30FPS. Even if I put my character next to a wall and tried to swing it wouldn't work unless I held the button down.

I'm running on a decent comp. as well with a GTX 560 Ti and an i7 OC'd to 4.0ghz

Edited by Tumri

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm resurrecting this dead thread.

I have this problem and I was wondering if anyone had any fixes for it? My game runs absolutely flawless, no lag whatsoever- and I'm only running on Medium settings. The problem is that it just takes 4-5 clicks to get one weapon swing, and it's really annoying.

I've tried so many things, so I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Alright well I figured out that this is a resolution related problem. I can run the game on max settings at a lower resolution and everything works fine, but if I go to max resolution the weapons become laggy. If you're having this problem, then I suggest lowering the resolution of your game to see if it fixes it.

• 5 months later...

Resurrecting this thread since it seems to be the only I could find.

I'm having the exact same issues as described here.

I've tried swapping mouses, using different computers, all that. I also went and tested the last suggestion posted (Changing the resolution) and the problem persists.

This whole problem is very odd since the last time I played Skyrim (About 2 months ago) I never had this issue occur, and yet all of a sudden it's appeared out of nowhere. I have no idea if there was a particular patch that may have caused it, but I know that today is the first time I've ever seen and heard about this issue.

Has anyone at all had any luck with fixing this? It makes the game nearly unplayable, since I play characters that use melee weapons constantly. (I haven't had any sorts of problems with Bows or Spells).

To go into a little more detail, I haven't had any issues with the mouse clicks involving anything else in the game, whether it be selecting a tab in my inventory, or going through the main menu. I also have had no trouble with my mouse at all to date.

I'm really utterly clueless on how to fix this, as I've tried just about everything people have suggested, along with my own ideas.