Skyrim Melee Attack Lag/Bug

Tumri

• 4 months later...

I'm trying to resurrect this thread, I know its pretty old, but it is the only one on the internet.

I'm having the exact same issue as TC has. The mysterious thing is if I equip my left hand with a shield or magic, the problem is gone. It still happens if Im using twohanded weapons or leave left hand as empty.

Great thanks for anyone who may solve the problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have also experienced this many times, especially for using shouts. What helped for me was to, for example, briefly press and hold one of the keys you use for moving (W, S, A or D) and then shout/attack again; it almost always worked.

Edited by teamsparks

• 1 year later...

I found a solution that worked for me :

open up the console and type: player.forceav weaponspeedmult 1

As far as i know console players can't open up the console so you guys have to find another way to fix this :/

Hope this works for PC users :)

• 9 months later...

Anyone who still cares...long story short figured out the original poster and some others issues. So don't ever or plan on ever using a ps4 controller for this game and...the SE version. The game is programmed to work best with an "xbox controller" I do know a 360 works for sure, because i have one and tested. I haven't gotten a xbox one controller yet gonna do that today and try.

Long story...I first played this game on PC with a 360 controller didn't have any issues related to the original post. A few years later I upgraded my hardware and started using a ps4 controller for most all of my steam games. Let me say the ps4 controller is by far the best because of its layout and internal customization etc..As I've used it more recently i've noticed some games only really work best with a "xbox controller", which is a shame but its true. Some games don't even support the use of the ps4 controller either. Unless you want a horrible and head ache of trying a fix with the ps4 controller game exp just stick with a "xbox controller". If anyone is curious if a xbox one does def. support this game like the 360 I'll check back and confirm if not consider this the closing of this post lmao such a heaaad ache....:)

• 1 year later...