SLR Project

Deleted33373940User

HQKIVd3.png

I've made and uploaded a couple of mods thus far but I think it's fair to say I'm not exactly the best modder on nexus lol!

I am however a professional audio engineer and have been working on this project for a good two months now in my spare time.

The project is a mimic of diamond city radio in that the content has been written to respond to player in game actions in terms of DJ voice acting scripts and specific audio tracks.

The Audio

• The audio tracks used in this radio station (1940s) have all now been cleaned up and a standard volume level applied to each for volume continuity.
  • The radio station jingles have now been recorded and edited to match the audio tracks.
  • The radio short stories have now been recorded and edited to match the audio tracks.
  • The radio station commercials have now been recorded and edited to match the audio tracks.
  • Current run-time estimate is around 160 hours of audio content in the form of audio tracks, radio station jingles, commercials, short stories and DJ voice acting.

The Modding

• Specific DJ voice acting scripts triggered after quest completion or settlement set-up.
  • Specific DJ voice acting scripts commentate on various in game NPCs triggered by player's in game interaction with such NPCs.
  • Specific audio tracks triggered by player's in game interaction with specific NPCs.
  • Radio Station posters added to the workshop menu (x12 - artwork already completed, .dds files)
  • Audio track play-list / running order, dependant on Specific DJ voice acting scripts to intro / outro specific audio tracks.

The Voice acting

• Luckily, I managed to track down a direct descendant from the Commonwealth whose forefathers actually worked in the area before the great war (as mentioned in the DJ voice acting script).
  • The DJ voice acting scripts are now over 75% recorded and edited to match the audio tracks.
  • The DJ's voice scripting is lore relative in that reference to the Mojave, Washington DC and relevant NPCs are spoken about as well as the Commonwealth.

This is a team project that requires one modder, one voice actor and one audio engineer. As you have read above, two of the three person team have joined and completed a good 75% of their tasks at hand. So, if you are interested in contributing to this project, post in this thread or via PM.

Any suggestions or feedback from the wider community welcomed.

if you are using music from the 1940's then you're going to run into copyright problems if you live in the United States, but if you live in Europe or Asia that may not be a problem.

Unless your using public domain music of course.

if you are using music from the 1940's then you're going to run into copyright problems if you live in the United States, but if you live in Europe or Asia that may not be a problem.

Unless your using public domain music of course.

Thanks for the advise. All of the content for this project has been taken from archive.org and is used under the free licence agreement. Copyright isn't an issue. Coding on the other hand lol!

Edited by Guest