Welcome to the ELEX forums

6 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,775,758 posts
Welcome to the ELEX forums on Nexus Mods.

We keep all discussion for new games to a single forum to make early discussion on the game easy to browse through and find. If the game becomes particularly popular on these forums then we will manually add more forum categories to help split up the various discussion topics a little bit more.

But for now, please chat about anything and everything related to ELEX in these general discussion forums.

Please remember our Terms of Service when you're talking on these forums as we very actively moderate and enforce our rules here!

IGSpelly

IGSpelly

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Well. I thought I would just start a list in no particular order of things that should be fixed about the game. I will do things according to my priority (not necessarily descending order, though that will probably have some coincidation... because psychology) if I have the time and IF I figure out how.

Reworking the UI for more *ahem* IMMERSION!

Remove the hard-coded double-tap... somehow.

Add all equipped weapons to the 'toon. With some way to chosing what to hide and what to show... to avoid clipping.

Add the jetpack-falling animationidle to replace the falling-off-cliff animationidle that currently is just an anatomical base-position.

Fix the sounds, preferably new samples. But at least muffle things... especially jumping in water (that one really hurts my ears).

Fix the combat system... it is not bad, just unpolished.

Remove the pointless complaints about using the inventory and/or jetpack inside Goliet. Talk about a primer of chosing any other faction.

Rework the Controls. Will probably use AHK (autohotkey) for this.

That is all I got so far. The rest are either not important enough for a game, or part of a design-choice that would require talent, skills, and a new game. I kept my list to things I have done for other games. Even though I do not know if I will be able to make em work in ELEX considering the lack of modding tools and a less than vibrant modder-community.

Edited by IGSpelly, 21 October 2017 - 04:05 PM.

IGSpelly

IGSpelly

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

REWORKING THE UI

Background:

Basically I loath 2D overlays since it is so obvious that it reminds the brain that no, the monitor is not a window into another world, it is just a moving 2D picture with trickery. I absolutely loved the first DeadSpace game and I was super hopeful that this would herald a new dawn of games devoid of a UI. That never happened though.

Design intention.

First. I suck at 3D modelling, and have sucked at it for more than 2 decades. So I cannot add a DeadSpace inspired health-mana meter on the back. But maybe I can steal some model from another game... though it will probably look out of place... you know, since I suck at modeling.

First. Create a Circle around the Crosshair dot that keeps track of stamina.

Clean up the Health-mana indicator to add not only numbers, but also place it center bottom of the screen.

Create a clean and minimal SkyrimCompass instead of the bulky and pointless minimap system. This is pretty edge of my previous abilities. So dont know if I will be able to do this one. Ofcourse, the Compass needs to be tied to either an existing button... say tab being held rather than just clicked.

Rework the combometer to only be visible once finisher is available, and to minimalistically show the level of the finisher. And also be easily and automatically visible while fighting.

Summation

Generally trying to get to a point where Exploring has little to no HUD UI visible.

Combat Shows only what is needed. Ie, only when less than max will Health and Mana/Energy show.

Keep important information close to the center of the action (which is at the center of the crosshair in almost all games) that you need to monitor during the fights. But keep them minimalistic so as not to block the action.

Perhaps make the crosshair show green when at 90%+ stamina, and show a glow once you are at finisher-combo-capacity. Idk yet.

///////

REQUEST-SUGGESTION

If I can dream and assume that I will have time to become a even decent Moddeler, then I would add some aura for combo. Like the Cleric lights getting a bloom, or the sword acting like a combo-meter that fills to the tip... with bloom.

Health and mana ofc on the back either through a Spine model, or a backpack... which would interfere with how ELEX stores shields and 2handed swords (mostly shields). This would not be an issue in combat, and having a "compass button" that also showed health and mana would negate the need for the on 'toon visibility. Alternatively Health and mana can be suspended in the air around the 'toon. The only real goal is to remove it as a 2D overlay and place it in the 3D realm.

Generally stamina could be relegated to either some model animation on the armor, or perhaps it would be better kept alongside health-mana on the back.

Compass would be removed and replaced with backliting of the target visible through anything and from anywhere. Basically it would be a dot in the distance, but a full specter-like backlight in proximity. Ofcourse, and indicator for north-west-east-south in similar fasion. The enemies-on-minimap-skill could be replaced with a similar backlighting where level is shown as a number in the center of the thing.

Any and all quick-slotted items would only brefily show when you use it to show how many you have left... and as a feedback that the game has registered your action. Opening up the ingame "compass" would show a full list. And it would be visible while in the inventory

Edited by IGSpelly, 21 October 2017 - 04:04 PM.

harimau93

harimau93

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

can I add some? so this is it, I hoping that modding community could bring a survival mode for this game, cos its kinda feel right to have a bit of immersion on it right? maybe just hunger & thirst, I am kinda disappointing a bit when eventually i did read on their official forum where fan-base asking one of their developer about survival mode, which then he said, " that kind of thing not really our motive here " if I could recall it saying. but either way, thank you for reading this. cheers!! 

jaap357

jaap357

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 1 posts

I would love to see a mod that disables enemies/plants/items/vendor inventory from respawning except perhaps on chapter advancement.  This would make it like all the other games Pirhana Bytes has made.  The random mobs and plants respawning thing really annoys someone with an OCD-like desire to clear/complete areas and min/max using limited resources instead of being able to infinitely grind and buy infinite elex to level up your character.

crawdady1

crawdady1

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 1 posts

First off,  this game needs to be re-work from the ground up. I would like to see a quality ENB mod, Lighting Overhaul, texture overhaul. Weapon effects. I will wait a year before buying to see what the modders come up with.

Mudran

Mudran

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Please, could we have some subforum for modding? or making modding posts with links sticky? Someone posted a webpage in german language with modding toolkits - would it be possible to translate it?)

I have some little informations from discussions under mods, I don't know if someone else posted more on this forum. 

Programs: Elexebra & elexresman

https://forum.worldo...ür-Elex/page11

https://forum.worldo...ab9d8e5ad065544

and more of elex modding programs in that forum: https://forum.worldo...ons-and-Editing

But I don't know who are those people creating those programs and why the official game webpages points at forums which are in german only are I'm not really sure if they aren't just a german gaming site. I guess modders here who know german would know more about it, but nobody posted any info here. So I'm posting this hoping more of modders will find it. 

Edited by Mudran, 28 January 2019 - 08:44 PM.

Reply to this topic

Page loaded in: 0.797 seconds