New Stimpak creation / animation issue

SaintVoid

I'm looking for a bit of guidance.

I'm creating a mod that introduces an 'Irradiated' Stimpak into the leveled list. It heals base 20% instead of 30% but also causes 20 rads. Simple enough to copy the original stimpak and make the small changes. However, the new stimpak doesn't play the animation that a normal stimpak uses. It also is not considered a stimpak for things like healing a downed companion. The animation is my #1 concern, however it would be nice if I could make it act in every other way like a normal stimpak.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm a base-level modder, I know how to create simple objects and perks, scrap forms, NPCS, navmesh buildings and the like; but know nothing of scripting or quests (which i'm sure thats where the issue is).

You won't be able to get it to work for downed companions without some effort and a few scripts. It's been awhile since I looked at it but I think it would also involve changing vanilla scripts which is generally frowned upon.

I've not ever tried doing much in the way of animations and such, but I'm pretty sure you should still get the animation if you cloned the Stimpack and then just changed the values as desired. It sounds like you made a new object and then tried to add the effects back on though which might be where your issue is. If you have xEdit you could load up your mod and do a side by side comparison of the Stimpack and your new Irradiated Stimpack to see what all differs. I think the only thing that affects generating the animation is the keyword. The animation and behavior should remain the same unless you changed the nif.