SKSE64 and ESL Support for Nexus Mod Manager

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

alchmo

alchmo

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 206 posts

the problem are only the official esl files, my guess it does not know that these are hardcoded to load, (just as the official esm files) which breaks it

Caladon

Caladon

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 266 posts

For anyone who is having issues with adjusting the Load Order with Version 0.63.17 I am finding I have the same issue. if you have ANY Official Creation Club ESL files the New Version of NMM will no longer allow sorting of the Load Order. It is probably why they have not updated the main download for NMM. I actually have both versions installed ( just install this version to a new folder i.e. Nexus Mod Manager-63-17 ) with both versions configured to use the same mod storage folders. When I need to adjust Load Order of the ESP mods I load Ver. 0.63.14, once I have the Load Order of the ESP mods correct, (i.e. After running LOOT ), I Close NMM 63.14, then run this new version and disable the ESPs and enable the ESLs. I use this for adding new mods and ESL files and Launching the Game, as this one won't disable my ESL mods.

ElysianMods

ElysianMods

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Ever since installing this version, I begin installing mods and about halfway through either NMM crashes or my PC crashes and requires a reboot. Kaspersky has flagged all Nexus files as trojans which I know isn't the case, obviously, but it ends up deleting plugins files, virtual install, config files, and the exe itself. I whitelisted the entire NMM installation folder and after reboot from a crash after the whitelisting, the exe and config files were still deleted unfortunately, I can only guess by the Windows system itself. I am still testing what could be the cause and checking error logs from anything I can think of. I'll let you know what I come up with.

I'm not saying it's definitely Nexus Mod Manager, this is more of a question on if anyone else is having this issue as well. This has only arisen after this version was installed, and Nexus Mod Manager has never been flagged as a trojan before this. The mod archives were already whitelisted so luckily I don't have to redownload them, but it is a pain to reinstall all the mods. I'll have to start backing up the files while I explore this issue.

wysiwyg

wysiwyg

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 781 posts

Ever since installing this version, I begin installing mods and about halfway through either NMM crashes or my PC crashes and requires a reboot. Kaspersky has flagged all Nexus files as trojans which I know isn't the case, obviously, but it ends up deleting plugins files, virtual install, config files, and the exe itself. I whitelisted the entire NMM installation folder and after reboot from a crash after the whitelisting, the exe and config files were still deleted unfortunately, I can only guess by the Windows system itself. I am still testing what could be the cause and checking error logs from anything I can think of. I'll let you know what I come up with.

I'm not saying it's definitely Nexus Mod Manager, this is more of a question on if anyone else is having this issue as well. This has only arisen after this version was installed, and Nexus Mod Manager has never been flagged as a trojan before this. The mod archives were already whitelisted so luckily I don't have to redownload them, but it is a pain to reinstall all the mods. I'll have to start backing up the files while I explore this issue.

I use Kaspersky Total Security 17 and haven't had any issues. I installed NMM to c:\games\ though. I did have an issue with the Intel drivers for the onboard GPU which I wasn't even using. I disabled it because one of the services locks files and prevents clean deletion during NMM uninstall and upgrades and screws up the game. If you are just installing then unless you actually have malware on your PC which is interfering with NMM I don't know what could cause this. I download/add all my mods but only actually install one at a time instead of letting them queue up so that might matter.

sedatedgenius83

sedatedgenius83

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 443 posts

Besides the already mentioned inability to manually adjust load order, there are a couple of files (ESPs that are marked as ESM in the file header, but not all that are like that) that don't have a load order index number as if they are ESL files.

objir

objir

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

In my case, I notice that both the ESMs and the creation club ESls will be removed from the plugin.txt after using 0.63.17 . Maybe the load order is "stuck" because of missing master files ?

Caladon

Caladon

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 266 posts

In my case, I notice that both the ESMs and the creation club ESls will be removed from the plugin.txt after using 0.63.17 . Maybe the load order is "stuck" because of missing master files ?

Only "Custom" ESLs and ESPs need to be listed in the Plugins.txt file as Fallout 4.exe can detect the CC ESL and the ESM files as they are masters

ElysianMods

ElysianMods

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Do you have Games folder whitelisted? I do, but I installed Nexus Mod Manager into Program Files. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling.

EDIT: I reinstalled, reorganized mods in my categories, and just as I was installing the first mod (USSEP), I crashed to BSoD. No idea what the cause is or why it would possibly be doing this. No crash log file was made.

Edited by ElysianMods, 09 November 2017 - 08:32 AM.

AuburnDruid

AuburnDruid

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Howdy 

Great news to hear your improving on the mod manager.

Q: Why does my Nmm not install the new 2.51 W3EE mod?

All the best

Cheers:)

nomadman101

nomadman101

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Any more news on the load order bug or is this bug going to be there until Vortex?

Page loaded in: 0.784 seconds