• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

nekollx

nekollx

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Any more news on the load order bug or is this bug going to be there until Vortex?

its not pretty but i did make a video on a solution

nomadman101

nomadman101

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Thanks for that nekollx I'll take a look.

redneck1st

redneck1st

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Is there an ETA on this Vortex? I guess I'll just continue to play the current game for which I'm working on and leave it at the 200 plus mods I got installed. Don't want to add new mods and have to worry about the load order when I've now finally got a solid game.

nekollx your video is for those that want to use the Creation Club by Bethesda Correct? 

Edited by redneck1st, 04 January 2018 - 02:38 PM.

Dnxyken

Dnxyken

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

My basic workaround on the no load order issue is to open up your Data/ folder, make a new ESL/ (or whatever you want, CC, etc.) folder, and move all ccxxxxxxxx.esl files to that. That clears the issue and you can modify your mod order all you want. Once you want to load your game up, open up Data/ESL/ folder, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, back out to Data/ folder and Ctrl+V. Reload NMM and they are all back and locked in again. If you expect to be testing with your load order a lot and not actually playing, go ahead and just load everything up without your CCC until you found your right order/mix. Plus, you've created a backup of all your CC.esl's, which doesn't hurt.

yarrmateys

yarrmateys

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

it looks like as long as an esl file is referencing nothing but esm master files everything is fine, but if it has an esp as master it gets moved to right under its master and the same problems as with hardcoded cc ones begin.

every esl file is automatically moved to the beginning of the list under all the master esms, so if there's a case where dependency causes an esp to be between esm and esl, i'm guessing the auto sorting gets confused and breaks the interface. it's technically still allowed, just discouraged, so if it happens it should probably consider this as a case as well.

Edited by yarrmateys, 27 January 2018 - 03:19 PM.

nomadman101

nomadman101

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

@Yarrmateys. Not on the main subject, but, is that a Duke Nukem avatar I spy there,?

He seems to be getting more popular in later years lol.

yarrmateys

yarrmateys

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

yeah. been a duke fan since the 90s.

nomadman101

nomadman101

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

yeah. been a duke fan since the 90s.

Used to be my nick name back in the 90s,

apparently, I looked something like him with a blonde flattop .........just without the muscles lmao

Reshirou

Reshirou

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Wait so, it's confirmed Vortex will fix the load order issue?

Edited by Reshirou, 21 February 2018 - 08:20 AM.

BlazeStryker

BlazeStryker

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

funny thing is if you remove all cc esl files from your data folder, you can again order the load order just fine (even with custom esl files it works) just as soon as a "official" esl file is present it goes haywire.

Considering what ESL files are, that's... sad.

Page loaded in: 0.732 seconds