• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

JimmyRJump

JimmyRJump

MoralMinority

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,670 posts

Manual load order in NMM has been fixed since the release of v0.65.3, as found on GitHUB.  There was an error in NMM that prevented changing plug-in order when an esl was loaded above an esm.

BlazeStryker

BlazeStryker

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

My basic workaround on the no load order issue is to open up your Data/ folder, make a new ESL/ (or whatever you want, CC, etc.) folder, and move all ccxxxxxxxx.esl files to that. That clears the issue and you can modify your mod order all you want. Once you want to load your game up, open up Data/ESL/ folder, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, back out to Data/ folder and Ctrl+V. Reload NMM and they are all back and locked in again. If you expect to be testing with your load order a lot and not actually playing, go ahead and just load everything up without your CCC until you found your right order/mix. Plus, you've created a backup of all your CC.esl's, which doesn't hurt.

Now I find myself really, really wishing the maker of Scrape Everything Ultimate would truly merge the update into the ESP, as that could then be converted into an ESL! (Of course, that could render the Automatron interiors invisible permanently...)

BlazeStryker

BlazeStryker

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

The Nexus users updating have it up to 65.3 now. It works well with ESL sorting, but there's one thing you might want to suggest to them.

With ESLs, the old hard limit... isn't so hard.

We honestly need to keep a track of total plugins, active ESLs and active ESPs, the lattermost being the ones that will crash yer game if they go over 254...

JimmyRJump

JimmyRJump

MoralMinority

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,670 posts

The Nexus users updating have it up to 65.3 now. It works well with ESL sorting, but there's one thing you might want to suggest to them.

With ESLs, the old hard limit... isn't so hard.

We honestly need to keep a track of total plugins, active ESLs and active ESPs, the lattermost being the ones that will crash yer game if they go over 254...

Esl plugs don't count towards total plug-in use.  They are counted by NMM when looking at the bottom right of the interface (I have a very red 300 there), but not when looking at the total plug-in count at the bottom of NMM's plug-in tab.  For me it says 247 there.

The limit for esm/esp is 256 minus one, ranging from 00 to 255.  The one that can't be used is kept for dynamic refs.

And they're up to v0.65.4 now.

x2sparky

x2sparky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I found a workaround for this. Go to your (C:) Drive, tick 'Hidden Items' under the "View" tab. Then go to your user name folder (whatever your user name is on Windows), -> AppData, -> Local, -> Fallout4 and open the plugins.txt file. Cut and paste your load order here as you want it by moving the mod names etc. Then save it. Once you load NMM, your load order should be as you want it.

Worked for me.

Chispon

Chispon

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

I found a workaround for this. Go to your (C:) Drive, tick 'Hidden Items' under the "View" tab. Then go to your user name folder (whatever your user name is on Windows), -> AppData, -> Local, -> Fallout4 and open the plugins.txt file. Cut and paste your load order here as you want it by moving the mod names etc. Then save it. Once you load NMM, your load order should be as you want it.

Worked for me.

Just download the last version from github -

Manual load order in NMM has been fixed since the release of v0.65.3, as found on GitHUB.  There was an error in NMM that prevented changing plug-in order when an esl was loaded above an esm.

david2323

david2323

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 203 posts

​I hope they fix the login as error Cannot reach the Nexus login server. ether your firewall is blocking NMM or the login server is down. I can still login Nexus Manger I think is the server is down.

Kdynamite74

Kdynamite74

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Thanks a lot for this , this solved the load order problem for me.

Uziumi

Uziumi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Well I just recently had this issue after trying to get back into Fallout 4.

Never had this issue in Skyrim, but the issue is happening now with the latest NMM. Last time I played FO4 was months ago which I was able to change the load order... can't now.

Not even LOOT would move anything.

Zinaida

Zinaida

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Sooo.. I've tried changing NMM versions between .65.5 and .65.3 and neither seemed to have any sort of effect on the issue. Still can't alter plugins without using the text file manually. It sounds like other people are doing fine, though, so I gotta assume I've messed something up along the way..

Page loaded in: 0.820 seconds