New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

New site design... I HATE it! It has so many problems.

1. The text is blurry and unreadable.

2. There are sooooo many missing files that can only be accessed using the old.nexusmods.com address that don't show up on the new one.

3. The comments won't load in on the new site. Even waiting FOR ONE WHOLE HOUR didn't do any good. All it did was idle at loading. Trying the same thing on the old site and the comments loaded right in. With no problem.

4. The title text and the images are blurry as hell and can't be read or seen.

5. Trying to download on the new site is a NIGHTMARE. It doesn't work. I can only download from the old site now.

6. The new site glitches the page halfway down and jumbles everything together.

7. Half the links don't work and lead to empty pages.

8. Page loading speeds on the new site are 50% slower.

9. To put it bluntly it looks like CRAP now.

In short the whole thing looks bad. You should ashamed for inflicting this thing on us. What did we ever do to piss you off so much you would give us this horror?

---

EDIT :

Why can't you just leave the old.nexusmods.com site up as well?

For those people who prefer it instead.

Edited by Nightgazer

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. There are sooooo many missing files that can only be accessed using the old.nexusmods.com address that don't show up on the new one.

3. The comments won't load in on the new site. Even waiting FOR ONE WHOLE HOUR didn't do any good. All it did was idle at loading. Trying the same thing on the old site and the comments loaded right in. With no problem.

5. Trying to download on the new site is a NIGHTMARE. It doesn't work. I can only download from the old site now.

In short the whole thing looks bad. You should ashamed for inflicting this thing on us. What did we ever do to piss you off so much you would give us this horror?

---

EDIT :

I'll start from the bottom.

"Why can't you just leave the old.nexusmods.com site up as well?"

Dark0ne answered this in the OP. It's on Page 1. Towards the bottom of the post.

People's preferences take a back seat to the needs of the site to keep it not only running, but moving in a forward direction, software-wise. "You should be ashamed of inflicting this thing on us. What did we ever do to piss you off so much you would give us this horror?" Wow. My soap-opera alarm just went off. No one is forcing you to be here, and no one is forcing you to be a premium member. Not only that, the ToS you signed digitally when you became a premium member has a clause in it about being subject to change without notice. Most of the majority has been silent on the new site matter, which means one of two things: Either they like it, or they don't use it or care enough to post outraged comments in the forums.

Point 9 is unnecessary rhetoric, involving emotion where there should be only cold logic.

Point 8, I agree with.

Points 7 & 6, I couldn't duplicate, so I have no idea what's happening there, but my guess would be they're working on the site.

As for the rest, none of those issues showed up for me. The text is blurry how? Either you are three inches from the monitor, or your monitor isn't calibrated properly, or it's a driver issue. Comments load for me no problem. It could also be a regional ISP issue where your ISP is throttling internet speeds and thus slowing downloads/comments loading.

Therefore, most of your "feedback" I will chalk up to them finally working on the site now that Vortex's full alpha release is right around the corner (Feb 12th). Once that's done, the site should be getting more attention. Dark0ne has already said on the previous page of this thread all the things they've changed on the site so far:

In response to post #57279126.

ColdBlackCages wrote:

It's absolutely insane to me they did something as disingenuous as ask for feedback and then proceed to implement a grand total of zero f***ing changes based on the layout feedback. Saying the new layout sucks is honestly an understatement. There's simply no way to describe just how poor a design it is. If you want to voice your displeasure, the forums aren't the place for it. The Nexus admin team never have and never will give a s*** what the community thinks, they just like to pretend they do to save face.

If you want to make your displeasure known, cease your support for the website by canceling your Supporter payments, and renabling your ad-block specifically for Nexus domains.

It's absolutely insane to me they did something as disingenuous as ask for feedback and then proceed to implement a grand total of zero f***ing changes based on the layout feedback

Deary, deary me. That attitude.

We've implemented a lot of changes based on the feedback we've received, we're just not interacting much with the people who are clearly seeing red right now and being very rude or niave.

Off the top of my head (and by no means a complete list) we've:

• Made extensive changes to the very comment system we're using now (and file comments), providing more contrast in the colours, reducing superfluous height/width/padding issues, changed font sizes for readability, based on user requests and feedback
  • Decreased the width in large text block content areas to increase readability
  • Implemented a quick search system so you can circumvent the advanced search system entirely if you so wish and find exact mods you're looking for (that you know the name of) much, much quicker. So far, it's doing roughly 300,000 searches a day, so that system is very much being used
  • Altered the hot files system based on user requests to have description text visible on the most popular files
  • Made extensive changes to file tracking, and how it's shown on the tracking page and tracking tab on game front pages, based on user feedback
  • Increased the amount of small description you see while browsing files so it's more obvious what a file does while browsing, based on user requests and feedback
  • Changes to list view to make it use less space while showing more information, based on user requests and feedback.
  • Several fixes and functionality additions to the bug report tab on file pages, based on user requests and feedback
  • Extensively reworked the file tab to show more information, more readily, while also taking up considerably less space once again, you guessed it, based on user requests and feedback

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. There's plenty more. And that obviously doesn't include the hundreds of fixes and additions we've been making based on reports and feedback being sent into our tracker (which you can access from the "Report bug" link in the bottom right-hand corner).

I'm sorry it's not to your liking, but I'd rather you didn't lie to try and suit some current anti-Nexus agenda you have. Thank you.

There it is from the Man himself.

Edited by twowolves80

I think we're approaching this wrong way...

Do the devs even want our feedback and criticism? Because it's become obvious at this point that they don't care at all, we're getting this new layout if we like it our not... Is there some sort of contract that obligates Nexus to use this layout?

Why is there some kind of darkening effect on the bottom part of the picture that represents a mod ? Is this some kind of "artistic" choice or something? It makes it very difficult to see the picture and increases the difficulty of using the site (along with many other choices made). I keep trying to use the new layout but it turns me away from coming here (and I've said that before, and I keep coming back to try but the site always turns me away now, and that's sad).

Do the devs even want our feedback and criticism? Because it's become obvious at this point that they don't care at all, we're getting this new layout if we like it our not... Is there some sort of contract that obligates Nexus to use this layout?

It's feedback on how to improve and correct the new design that is being looked for, things like technical issues, bugs/glitches and possible features that people might want to see.

What is not being looked for is repeated comments about wanting the old layout to remain, since it has been established multiple times that is not happening.

It's feedback on how to improve and correct the new design that is being looked for, things like technical issues, bugs/glitches and possible features that people might want to see.

What is not being looked for is repeated comments about wanting the old layout to remain, since it has been established multiple times that is not happening.

Well since the devs don't give a rat's ass about our opinions or wants I say screw them and this site. I'll just go to Steam Workshop from now on. Maybe once I get the money and the knowhow I'll create my own site that mimics the layout of the old one.

In response to post #57524896.

Nightgazer wrote:

Well since the devs don't give a rat's ass about our opinions or wants I say screw them and this site. I'll just go to Steam Workshop from now on. Maybe once I get the money and the knowhow I'll create my own site that mimics the layout of the old one.

OK? With that attitude, good luck and godspeed. Edited by Dark0ne

In response to post #57434956.

Nightgazer wrote:

---

EDIT :

I agree, the previous design was much more streamlined and easy to access.

In response to post #57434956. #57532016 is also a reply to the same post.

Nightgazer wrote:

---

EDIT :

piotrmil wrote: I agree, the previous design was much more streamlined and easy to access.

It needs a lot of work, that's for sure.