New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently purchased a life time membership since I have used and abused the site for a few years now and thought I should give back for all that has been given to me.

I must say that I do like the "look" of the new site, but it's god awful slow to load anything. I'm just finishing up DAO and am about to start DA2 so I came to scout some mods and man, it's nearly impossible to get between pages. Either the owner is now running this off of a 56k connection or there is a database manager that needs to be fired immediately.

What's the story?

What I am missing from the old layout are a few search options. In particular the search inside description text. When I update the FNIS instruction, I want to add new animation mods that use FNIS. For that I was searching for mods that have the string "FNIS". Missing now.

And btw In the beginning I was rather critical of the new layout. Meanwhile my opinion has changed. Obviously I am using it very much, and so I got used to it, and for me it is a big improvement. Of course some things like the above I'm missing, but I'm sure you guys will keep working on it, like you always did during all the years. The pure format I still don't like as much as the old one. But that can be a matter of taste, eye sight, color blindness, ...

Edited by fore

Can you post a screenshot so we know what you mean by blurry text?

Downloads being slow may be on the ISP end, not on Nexus. Especially not with premium membership. But they are actively working on the site, too, so that could also play a factor. By summer I expect most of the big issues to have been resolved.

Can you post a screenshot so we know what you mean by blurry text?

Downloads being slow may be on the ISP end, not on Nexus. Especially not with premium membership. But they are actively working on the site, too, so that could also play a factor. By summer I expect most of the big issues to have been resolved.

Pic 1 : http://nightgazer.altervista.org/gallery/Blurry_Text_Here.png

Pic 2 : http://nightgazer.altervista.org/gallery/Blurry_Text_Here2.png

As you can see in 1 it's blurry. Hard to read. It was never like that on the old site.

As you can see in 2 it's slightly better when it's highlighted. But having to highlight it to read it is not reasonable. The old site never had this problem.

It's not my ISP. It downloads other sites just fine. The new site has horrible downloading times.

Why couldn't it just been left as it was? It was fine as it was before. You know like the old Hershey commercial says "Change is bad."

The old site was sooo much better than this piece of garbage. "If it's not broke don't fix it." Something the site owners have apparently forgotten.

Well, first, that browser looks positively ancient. It looks like Windows Vista or XP. And even if it isn't, the text shouldn't be that blurry. Bleh. I would first try a different browser after clearing the cache, and updating all your drivers. It could be something as simple as a graphical setting not meshing with the browser (and Firefox has these issues on occasion).

iObit has a good software suite I use that is pretty lightweight (and I'm sure it probably doesn't do as much as I think it does, but one of it's packages is DriverBooster3, which will keep your drivers up to date and running good). Advanced System Care can be found here.

Then, I would look at the monitor's settings in the control panel on the computer. It could be something like your contrast is too high or something oddball like that. But you are 100% right--it shouldn't look like that mess. It doesn't look that way for me, which leads me to believe it has to be something unique to your computer and its settings. If you like, I'll help you trouble shoot it. That browser just looks so old, though. lol

Ok, the new design looks certainly better, but the worst thing for me is that I can't check last comments under my screens. I have 799 of them for now. As far as I understand, I can see only replies in forum section. So, if someone asked me a question under one of my older screenshots or appreciated it maybe I can't even aswer a person because I can check last comments only by opening every single one my 799 scrrenchots.

Great :confused:

Edited by Skarletta

• 1 month later...