New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #54659878. #54659948, #54660108 are all replies on the same post.

pra wrote: It's ok, I guess. What annoys me is this dark overlay with the "view mod" button appearing when I mouseover a mod.

Also, please remove the search bar. It doesn't work anyway. Maybe use some google custom search instead.
PukinDumpling wrote: What do you mean, the search doesn't work? Because it sure as hell does...
BlindJudge wrote: The search should be working? Please, can you give some examples as to how it isn't and we'll look into it. Thank you for the feedback.

It doesn't work reliably for me. When I search for mods, it doesn't always show the mod I was looking for. I think it is tag related as the same happens when I try to browse mods. As an example, sometimes I cannot search and find the unofficial patch mod on SSE site. So I have to switch to old design or use google. That isn't the only example, i search for a lot of mods and almost 50% of the time they do not show up unless I use Google/old site. I have tried removing all tags and filters and still no luck.

In response to post #54659878. #54659948, #54660108, #54660288 are all replies on the same post.

pra wrote: It's ok, I guess. What annoys me is this dark overlay with the "view mod" button appearing when I mouseover a mod.

Also, please remove the search bar. It doesn't work anyway. Maybe use some google custom search instead.
PukinDumpling wrote: What do you mean, the search doesn't work? Because it sure as hell does...
BlindJudge wrote: The search should be working? Please, can you give some examples as to how it isn't and we'll look into it. Thank you for the feedback.
TheMagician16 wrote: It doesn't work reliably for me. When I search for mods, it doesn't always show the mod I was looking for. I think it is tag related as the same happens when I try to browse mods. As an example, sometimes I cannot search and find the unofficial patch mod on SSE site. So I have to switch to old design or use google. That isn't the only example, i search for a lot of mods and almost 50% of the time they do not show up unless I use Google/old site. I have tried removing all tags and filters and still no luck.

Well, I can't remember the last time I actually found anything using the nexus search function.

After testing it again it seems to work, at least if you remember exactly how the mod was called, since only the title is being searched by default.
I have no idea on which logic search by description works, but "settler rename" brings up exactly one result, despite there being several mods which do that, one of which I uploaded myself. It seems like the order of words is actually important, since "rename settler" brings up 8 results.

Visually it's a step up but that's not really important. I find it much harder to navigate on the mod pages than I do with the old design. Its elements, where it counts, are too large. The old one was compact and navigation was quick. The new one is wasting so much screenspace, you would need to look at it on a 21:9 display. Maybe that's the idea.

The first things I noticed were inconsistencies with tabs; On the New Vegas nexus, there would be 'New Today', 'New This Week', and 'Latest', but on the Skyrim, Special Edtion and Fallout 4 nexus, the latest button was just plain missing.

The other was that I had to go to a new page in order to start scrolling back through the latest mods list? That's just weird, especially because it shows the same list of mods again rather than at least switching to the second page.

It would be nice to have that feature back on the main page, but if that's not feasible, then switching to the second page might be a nice compromise.