• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

skully2097

skully2097

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I've gotten almost all of the fallout franchise off of steam this past weekend, but now that I've downloaded the games, I think that my PC Rig is too powerful to play it.

Whenever I start up Fallout or Fallout 2, the screen remains black, even thought I can hear the OP sound effects.

Whenever I start up Fallout: Tatics, the screen resolution changes, a warning message shows up, mentioning something called "phoenix", and the whole PC Freezes.

Whenever I start up Fallout 3, I get a message box saying the game might not run properly. It starts up, but I would prefer to not run into any problems while playing.

I'm a fan of the Fallout Franchise, so any help figuring out how to play these games would definitely help. Thanks.

Oblivionaddicted

Oblivionaddicted

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Do you use a mutli-core optimizer?

Did you activate the compatibility with older OS?

pksky

pksky

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Are you using dosbox to play them? I know that for one of my old dosbox games, I had a similar issue where I could hear the game sounds but the screen was blank. The solution was to go into one of the config files for the game and change a graphic setting from "overlay" (or whatever) mode to "openGL."

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 14,685 posts

Definitely wait until they go on sale again (GOG just had a Bethesda sale) at GOG, they do a really good job of setting up the old games to work properly on modern computers.
Steam doesn't really try that hard to get old games to work on modern computers.

Actually, GOG has a Bethesda Sale going on right now, Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 for $2.49 each.

Along with Fallout 3 GOTY, and FONV GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, etc. $9.99 each.

Darumbar

Darumbar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I use my PC collection. I own approximately 50 PCs from PC XT, 286,386,486, Pentium 60 to 200; various Pentium II and III modells, a lot of Athlon xp machines, a Pentium 4 660 and four dual core machines (Athlon 64 X2 5600b, Athlon 64 X2 4200; Intel core duo duo E6420,Pentium dual core E 2180), two quad cores (Intel Q6600 and AMD Phenom II 955 X4).

smschulz

smschulz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

when i tried bloodrayne pc classic it was a trouble to get it to run on win xp.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fallout

Page loaded in: 1.037 seconds