"s" in front of certain menu lines/words?

kvngreeley

Hi, everyone. I am hoping someone can tell me why this is happening. I was just trying to test a mod called Ahmose Island 2, and I noticed as soon as I loaded the game, the letter "s" was appearing in front of certain menu words, such as the "Ok" button, titles of sections in the menu, all attributes, etc. It doesn't appear in front of every single line in the menus, but in the majority.

I noticed this happened before when I tried to make a Class in the CS. When I added the .esp for the class, the same thing happened. I figured I didn't something wrong and removed the .esp, which removed the "s" issue.

I have no idea what to look for in the .esp to figure out why the "s" is appearing in front of certain lines in the menus or on clickable buttons (like the OK button).

Does anyone know why this happens and, if possible, how to correct it?

I haven't tested it enough to see if it causes any problems in the game other than being very annoying to look at.

Thanks!

Thanks for that! The weird thing is that TESTool says the mod is already clean. I guess I will try the manual instructions for using the CS to see if I can figure out what to delete.

Thanks again for the hint on using ORI. I use that all the time now and it makes testing mods so much easier. Except when the land isnât identified when I click on it for some reason. But I have found things or NPCs in unexpected places from what the mod described.

Later!

I use Tes3cmd. Maybe try run'n it through that b4 a manual clean.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tes3cmd

and here's my batch file:

@echo off
REM drag and droppable bat file
REM put shortcut on desktop and drag esp onto it
REM “clean” file and log will be added to same folder the esp came from

tes3cmd clean %1 > %1-cleaned.log
TYPE %1-cleaned.log
PAUSE

It's not a big deal, but something new :) One problem I see you having; Do your Extensions show up in windows? IE: "Mozilla.exe" or "my new document.txt". =The end of the name that lists what it is :P As long as that's enabled under folder options you can do this :) Name that previous batch file w/e you like and just Drag your Plugin/ESP/ESM right on to the file that I have named: "Tes3cmd.DragNdropCLEAN.bat" and it will do its thing. =Nottice the ".bat" at the end? Hence "BATch" file :)

• 2 months later...