Interior Cells Not Rendering

twowolves80

Skyrim Special Edition

Interior cells aren't rendering properly. First, Valthume, then a mod called Riverside Lodge, and now Riftweald Manor.

Interiors, when entered, are pitch black. Riverside Lodge was there, but suddenly faded to black and stayed that way. It's almost like the engine isn't stopping the fade-to-black script so the interior can render. Tried changing the fog setting, nothing happened other than the black faded to gray. At a loss with what to do here as I have very little knowledge of the CK. The mods I have affecting lighting are RLO, with the patches. That's it. Nothing else that would affect random interiors. Can still walk around inside (though I can't see a @#$%^& thing), and the notifications still appear when I get close to activate-able objects. I just can't see anything.

Pictures are not included because apparently, we can no longer host jpg images on here. I've tried postimage and tinyurl. Nothing doing.

EDIT: So, playing around with console command. Use the command, ts. Toggle sky.

Blackness goes away. So it's either Climates of Tamriel or True Storms. I don't know which is tied to that sort of effect. Or how to find out which it is. I don't know why it would blank an interior like that since the only thing CoT does is exteriors and interior sounds.

Also, if this isn't the right thread, please move it to the correct one. I was unsure of which it went in. I'm not entirely sure it's CoT, though I have a hunch, since it also bugs out the Real Water Two. Or it could be it's not playing nicely with SKSE64.

Anyone else has this problem, though, try using the ts command in the console. Will re-edit this if I figure out a cure before anyone else does.

Edited by twowolves80

I think it is one of the mods that edits interior fogs. It's either Remove Interior Fog, No Interior Fog, or Interior Floating Fog Remover. Either those, or some kind of conflict with RLO. I have no idea how to track it down myself. I only use TES5Edit for cleaning, and sorting masters in combo with WryeBash.

And had I been able to find a Skyrim Special Edition forum, I would have posted there. The options were Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, etc. Nothing there about Skyrim SE.

I initially suspected CoT because of all the scripts it runs, and there is that bug with the water...and TrueStorms has scripts running, too, but TS was installed after CoT, per the instructions on CoT's page, I believe, to allow both to work. Now, though, I am pretty sure you're right, Grospolina--it's gotta be either the RLO or the interior fog removers. I installed No Interior Fog after Remove Interior Fog because for whatever reason, that mod never works after a while. So I just installed No Interior Fog and said to hell with it. I'll test it to see if removing one or the other does anything, but after I reinstalled Remove Interior Fog, it still didn't work, even though it was completely uninstalled and reinstalled, and was at the bottom of the load order.

That's a lot of fog removers. Try disabling some (or all) in order to find what works.

No Interior Fog and Remove Interior Fog V2 are only ESP files. They may or may not edit the same cells and this could cause conflicts. Uninstalling them is easy because all you have to do is remove the ESP itself. You could also just uncheck them in your plugins list.

On the other hand, Interior Floating Fog Remover has no ESP but changes the fog meshes themselves. They're all in Data\meshes\effects\ambient and are called fxmistlow*.nif and fxsmoke*.nif. You could remove those if you can't easily disable the mod some other way (like using NMM or MO2).

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

I don't have any fog removers, but this post saved my game. Valthume completely whites out when I get past the first door after the ghost and I couldn't even TCL to fix it. When you get so far in the game kept resetting my position as I tried to get to the objective. I have a huge load order and I'm about 200 hours into this play through with Legacy of the Dragonborn and this is the first major issue I've faced. I almost uninstalled the game!

TS is the answer. Thank you SO much!

• 10 months later...