Purple Chest Textures. HELP!

UnstableGenius

I recently installed 2 mods that made some of the chests in game purple! this is so immersion breaking i cant play the game, Routa-Non-Stormcloadk and Vuoksi. I also downloaded and installed Chests_Rich_2048-1105-1-3 (texture mod for chests) and it did replace all the chests except the chests in the house mods that i mentioned above and im also seeing the chest in another mod JK's Riverwood also changed to purple. This is the last thing i need to resolve before i could start playing my "perfect" skyrim, please help if you know how to fix it!

Purple usually means the mesh, or an edit made in the .esp (or a combination of both I guess hehe) is pointing to a texture that isn't there, or is maybe different to what it expected. So I guess the two could possibly be incompatible and one might have to go, or you can try changing the order you installed them (and cross fingers) to get around it without looking at the meshes / conflicts in xEdit... really depends on the situation I guess.

Sorry, I was just having a look and testing, the joys of skyrim modding hehe... I see no issues with any of the mods you mentioned... it must be something else.

When I say the texture is missing, hmm.. it's not that it isn't actually there usually, just a conflict has confused the game into thinking it isn't.

lol, I was just about to suggest Static Mesh Improvement Mod as a possible culprit if you have missed a compatibility patch or so, but yeah, having that overwrite the chest meshes is one way to fix it :)

You will want to install the rich chests texture mod again (or move it below it in your mod manager) if you would prefer those over SMIM's version.

Again, I doubt it is either of those mods that have caused this for you... there will be something else somewhere in your list of mods maybe... if you use Mod Organizer you can double click on SMIM to have a look at what it is overwriting if you are curious. I have no idea if that is possible in nexus mod manager since I have never really used it I don't think.