No forced third person when playing in first person

RickyTheRocket

I'm not sure if other people would be interested in using such a mod but I know that I'd love for a mod that keeps the first person camera while sitting, entering/exiting power armor, shooting in VATS, the crafting stations and in every other instance that forces the camera into third person.

I'd love to be able to make such a mod, however, I only have Fallout 4 for Xbox One and there's no way that my laptop could handle it.

So is it practical, how would one go about doing it, and would anyone be willing to try it out?

Honestly, it all comes down to immersion for me, the third person bits don't completely drive me crazy but I just feel that it'd be So much more immersive if everything were to stay in first person.

On a slightly unrelated note, I was also wondering if there's ever a chance of FO4 getting a mod that adds a hand when grabbing items and opening doors and would such a mod conflict with alert carry?

I thank you for your time and I apologize if I'm rambling!

I think there was at least two mods for Skyrim and one for Fallout New Vegas that made it so that you could actually see your own body when in first person mode, and this also included the ability to remain in first person when you otherwise wouldn't, such as when interacting with certain objects or when ragdolled. I wouldn't mind seeing a proper mod like that for Fallout 4. I'm surprised the Fallout 4 mod community isn't more keen on catching up with the mods available for previous titles.

I'm not too worried about an enhanced camera or a joy or perspective type mod coming to Fallout 4, I believe that it's an inevitability and that, although it's probably going to take some time, it'll be here eventually.

The mod that I'm talking about refers to the scripted forced perspective 3rd person camera switches such as sitting down, petting Dogmeat, entering power armor, using VATS and using crafting stations. I use alert carry and I don't really mind not being able to see my body, I just find it really immersion breaking when the game forces 3rd person perspective on me when I'm playing in first person. So I was wondering if there's any interest in a mod that would fix those things.

Ideally it'd be compatible with an enhanced camera mod but they're really two separate things.