CTD Issue Conundrum

ShadowDW

... skyrim.esm is the last file the game looks at, it is the fallback...

That's what I meant, you're right. It is the primary piece of data the game relies on so ya, the last thing, hence top of the load order. Sorry about the misunderstanding but ya .. what you said. :tongue:

Edited by ShadowDW

Grab a pen and write "mod" on the palm of your hand, then hold it up in front of your eyes so you can read it, then try to use your monitor hehe..

you have successfully created something that overwrites the game engine (your brain) from seeing the information that it needs to function in order to respond to this... I know that is a bad example but lol, kinda fun way of looking at it ? :)

do you have any weapon mods installed ?

Edit: replacers etc I mean

WEAPONS MODS:

Weapons of the Third Era SSE 2.0

Light Refracting Glass Armor and Weapons 1.2

Refracting Stahlrim Armors and Weapons 1.1

ARMOR MODS:

Immersive Armors 8.1

Skyrim Civil War Uniform

The Book of UUNP (CBBE SE Unofficial) 0.94

odd, I havent looked yet, been busy... wouldn't have thought any of those would affect crap like iron arrows tho ?

I don't suppose you happen to use mod organizer ? :smile:

Edit: not my comp btw hehe, cheapo thing for someone...well, by cheapo I mean over a grand.. sigh :smile:

https://imgur.com/QECteUz spooky pc hehe... well, when it was new I guess :D... top two 5.25 bays also had to be converted into hdd slots, and there are a few more SSD drives just hanging around in the air hehe (case only had two mounting points for ssds at the back)

Edited by spookymunky

I don't suppose you happen to use mod organizer ? :smile:

Nope, NMM, as my OP stated. :tongue: .. Also, use LOOT to auto-sort (although you have to close NMM and reopen for it to adjust but, it works).

I hear you on the rigs. My original rig cost ~$1800, had intel i7 quad-core 3.4Ghz with 16GB RAM but had a power supply take a dump on me, swapped that out for a new one (750, old was 650) only to find out about 6 months later that it had somehow damaged the bus on the L3 cache somehow, which disrupted mem swap; eventually the mobo just took a dump and took the processor with it. So I decided I wasn't gonna spend another $1200 on Intel and switched to AMD, which meant all new core components. Now I have a Gigabyte GA-990FXA (AMD 990FX, AM3+) mobo with an AMD FX-8350 8-core, 4Ghz CPU, and switched to 32GB GSkill Ripjaws Z Series ... all for $500. Still need to upgrade my GPU, which I haven't done in 3 years or so (still using the ol' reliable GTX-960) but, it does the job for now. I really want a 1080 but ... my dreams are on hold atm.

Anyways, nice rig! .. and ya, NMM to save me the trouble on install. I really should devote some more time to look into the intricacies of the xEdit but, I simply do not have enough of it these days. Why is it the older you get, the less time you have? ... weird.

Edited by ShadowDW

doh!, was it an asus board ?... those basts have cost me a few pcs over the years hehe, though I still went with asus tuf 2 / whatever for that one I am building for friend for some reason (cheap haha)... seriously regretting it maybe though.. dunno... the monitor he wanted was the first thing I tested... was asus... has giant green pixel in middle of screen.... wtf hehe, how can things like that even leave the factory ? replacement from a different brand should be here tomorrow maybe.

Rock on at the 32gig ram btw :smile:, glad to see that is becoming a new standard... people gave me so much crap ~5 years ago when I grabbed 32 for this comp hehe "you will never be able to use that amount" etc... sigh :smile:... my biggest regret for spooky pc mark 10 or so is cheaping out and not getting 64gb :D

scary thing is this pc is still decent I guess hehe, can run it at 4.6ghz if I feel the need (normally 4.2 since some floating point calculations can cause it to crash above 4.4 or so, tis odd hehe, but then so are floating point calculations)

I will have a look at those mods sometime, brain is just worn out right now though hehe.. wanna curl up into a ball and cry :tongue:

Sorry ... life ...

Yes, .. yes it was an ASUS. But again, it was the power supply taking a dump which caused the whole problem(s) so, I cannot put the blame on ASUS. I've actually never had an issue with ASUS tbh, although I have heard the horror stories. However, you're bound to get a few of those in every brand; and if it's more than a few, that's a sure sign to STAY AWAY!!

The real bad thing was ... you know how you're just sitting at your computer one day, and everything is fine, then you get up to go make something to eat, or walk around, or just generally do something away from the comp for a few minutes ... then you come back in the room and *sniff*, *sniff* (electrical fire smell) ... uh-oh *scurry to shut the computer down immediately*. Oh boy .... oh no, please no ... for the love of Malog Bal no .... *sniffs more electrical things burning while unplugging everything computer related*. Ya ... that happened, which caused the mobo/mem issues months later so ... *sigh* joy to my (already empty) wallet lol.

Thanks for helping me out with this. If I have any time tomorrow, I'ma delve more into the xEdit and possibly try some things to see if I can start fixing something because, this just seems far too random for me and tbh, it has to be reversible somehow.

That does indeed sound like a psu issue haha.. holy hell man, never seen that before, 'tis the stuff of nightmares. This is coming from someone that has electrocuted themselves a few times working on pcs :tongue:

Rofl at being able to guess your board though... hmm, it takes two to tango ? (like maybe something failed on board that made it draw too much power)

Sorry, it's just asus have screwed me and so many friends over so many times hehe, the mobo for this comp am building is honestly the first time I have tried to trust them in 10 years or so (one of my friends tried to trust them again a year or so ago, took 2 replacement boards... that was their top of the line ROG kinda things for a 12 core 64gb build)... I cannot seem to build up the nerve to turn it on though, lol. right now it is potentially good, as soon as I try and post it though.... hehe

I think the funniest I had was when they took an experimental leap into talking motherboards... every day for 2 years or so I had to put up with my computer loudly announcing "cpu not installed" every time I turned on pc, lol.

Edit: I think I actually took cpu out to see what would happen one day.... said nothing hehe, so it needed a cpu to be able to tell me that my cpu wasn't installed... insanity that only makes sense to asus :D

I have never had an issue with any other mobo manufacturer btw :smile: (closest I came to having an issue was a MSI board where the screwdriver slipped while trying to get heatsink mounted with those evil old tonns of pressure designs intel used, gouged a 3 inch score across the motherboard haha, straight through the ram lines, thankfully I only needed two ram slots at the time so with some experimentation I managed to get it working and pc was fine :D).. think I have tried them all maybe.... it's cheesy asrock that is running this pc somehow hehe, probably why I have floating point issues when I push it too far, they will have cheaped out on a capacitor or something I guess hehe, for normal use it can do 4.6 for days running prime 95 torture tests etc.... think I am gonna aim for 5ghz for this one am building hehe... maybe settle for 4.8 or so :smile: ... famous last words ?

Edited by spookymunky

.... think I am gonna aim for 5ghz for this one am building hehe... maybe settle for 4.8 or so :smile: ... famous last words ?

You know what they say ... with more power comes .... MORE POWER!!!

Ok, ok, seriously we are going waaaaaayyyy off topic here lol (not that I don't mind talking PC's :) ), so back to the issue at hand. I just woke up and have a few things to do first and then I'ma start delving into some xEdit testing. I have to create a whole bunch of backups first before I get started but, I'd like to find at least a couple of fixes by the end of the day.

*begins to channel his inner-Magnus*