CTD Issue Conundrum

ShadowDW

Ok, some progress has been made! I have been tinkering with xEdit a bit, trying to figure out what the "unused data" is all about, and I think I may have an idea of what that is about, although I haven't pinpointed anything as yet. However, I think I have found a work around to the dirty DLC .esm's without having to clean them.

For anyone that is dealing with this issue, use your SSEEdit, and simply load the 3 DLC's (Update.esm will automatically load itself, as it is required):

Then just Right-Click on each DLC .esm and click on "Undelete and Disable References":

Keep in mind that this is a temporary solution as I have not had enough time to do thorough playthroughs to see if they work. Also, the navmeshes that were supposedly deleted, somehow are either still deleted and don't report in LOOT, or are simply masked (or some other reason I've yet to identify). Anyways, the playthrough I did test out did freeze up at one point (east of Whiterun along the path to the Tower), however I was able to fast travel from Solitude to Froki's Cabin (a known crash point), and do some other traveling and fighting, without issue.

I will keep piddling around but for now, this is what I have come up with. The "unused data" still bothers me some, as I'm almost for certain it has something to do with that missing keyword. It seems a bit strange to me that there would be one for the Dawnguard.esm and not one for the Skyrim.esm, although, it also doesn't make sense that there would be 2 data points for keywords on a basic item; something seems a bit off there. Anyways, will have more later .... life calls!

Ok so after a few playthroughs, doing just about a bit of everything I can think of, I haven't had any real issues of concern. In fact, things seem to be rather smooth.

I did have one CTD coming back to Whiterun from the giant camp that's due West of Whiterun, but then again, Whiterun is the king of CTDs it seems (Whiterun = CTD Central? CTDville? CTDtown? I got it ... CTD City!?) Anyways, not one CTD since that one, and I have been back to Whiterun multiple times so, perhaps it was just a one off (or something to do with the arrow bulls**t, who knows). Past that, I have had 2 CTDs (one was the previously mentioned in the post above), however, both had to do with dragging corpses around. I'm not exactly sure what the cause is there, but I've tried to repeat the process without any luck (I do RP "burying" the corpses by hiding them, or throwing them into rivers/lakes/various bodies of water, ... sue me). Both times were by grabbing the corpse by the head and dragging it forward, but again, I've tried repeating that process quite a few times but to no avail. *shrugs*

Anyways, things to be mostly stable. Hopefully at some point I can find a way to fix it for good.

hey again, sorry for being afk... no area of skyrim is ctd city ? :) .. I mean heh. sure, whiterun with the outdistricts mode might be, or solitude withe ay of the expanded docks... or winterhold with destruction.....

None of which shiould cause a core reaction

oops :smile:, sorry hehe, seems I drank a bit before passing out... please let that be the worst I said !

well there was the thread about muskrat love and something about two goats, a bottle of whiskey and a nun. but that was pretty much it. No really.. LOL

damn the goats.. it was my one chance with twins.... still got rejected.......some day eh ? :smile:

well there was the thread about muskrat love and something about two goats, a bottle of whiskey and a nun. but that was pretty much it. No really.. LOL

oops :smile:, sorry hehe, seems I drank a bit before passing out... please let that be the worst I said !

What in the VVardenfell happened to this post?? You guys need to back off the Shien and Skooma ....

For some unknown reason ... I somewhat want to know more about the muskrat thing .... possibly the goats too .....