How can i change weapon and armor tempering requirements?

Deleted3645212User

however for the first part of this question which is connected to that image you posted, this would require editing the hardcoded game variables. which is possible, but would mean your mod would absolutely have to be placed at the very end of a load order, as any mod could easily override it. however whether it actually works or not is a different story, i know its possible as people have managed to increase the damage resistance cap from 85% to 90% and this would require editing said variables.

i could not tell you how to do this though since for a start i would not be interested in this, and as such would not even bother learning how to do it, and what you are attempting to do is advanced modding which would require in depth knowledge of game variables for each of the smithing catergories, in other words this would take a long time to learn most likely.

I'm not willing to tinker with hard-coded stuff either so don't worry about it. I guess i should have expected that because no smithing overhaul and re-balance mods out there had touched that part of smithing/crafting mechanism. Anyway, such is life.

Second question incoming. :laugh: Is there a way to remove some enchantments for certain equipment slots, like to remove 'fortify one handed/two handed' from necklaces and boots and make it gauntlets and rings only?

yes easily done. but again would take a while, for this you would go into armor and weapon categories and remove the appropriate enchantments for all weapons and gear.

all enchanted gear will start of as EnchArmor(name of armor goes here) and likewise Enchweapon(name of weapon goes here) this will be simple to do, especially as the enchantment is in the name of the gear that is enchanted

so double click on the gear that is enchanted, and where it says enchantment, simply change it to none (so click on the enchantment dropdown box, press space and click on none)

Note: All enchantments are directly applied to the gear in question, and as such you would simply remove it from the gear in quesiton, enchantments are not applied to biped slots or addons, they are applied to the gear itself. and as such you would simply type in Ench (in the filter, and whilst inside the armor or weapons section) and all gear that is enchanted will show. jewelry will be in the armor section.

Note: All Gear is separated into biped slots, making this even easier to do.

Example:

Gauntlets

Boots

Torso

Helmet

Shield

Jewelry

Weapons (which each weapon obviously has its own entry)

so for example, enchanted gear for daedric would be

EnchArmorDaedricBootsFire01 <-- wearing these boots will grant 15% Resistance to fire

EnchArmorDaedricGauntletsFire01 <-- wearing these Gauntlets will grant 15% Resistance to fire

EnchArmorDaedricTorsoFire01 <-- wearing these Torso will grant 15% Resistance to fire

EnchArmorDaedricHelmetFire01 <-- wearing these Helmet will grant 15% Resistance to fire

EnchArmorDaedricShieldFire01 <-- wearing these Helmet will grant 15% Resistance to fire

EnchArmorDaedricBootsFire01

Ench = Enchantment

EnchArmor = means this armor is enchanted

EnchArmorDaedric = means this armor is enchanted and is of daedric quality

EnchArmorDaedricBoots = means this armor is enchanted and is of daedric quality and is a pair of daedric boots

EnchArmorDaedricBootsFire01 = means this armor is enchanted and is of daedric quality and is a pair of daedric boots which grants fire resistance (the 01 is how good the fire resistance is, Goes up to 05 which is 75% resistance)

Daedric weapons example:

EnchWeaponDaedricAxeAbsorbH01 <-- Daedric Axe that has a Absorbs health Enchantment

EnchWeaponDaedricMaceAbsorbH01

EnchWeaponDaedricSwordAbsorbH01

EnchWeaponDaedricBowAbsorbH01

EnchWeaponDaedricGreatswordAbsorbH01

EnchWeaponDaedricWaraxeAbsorbH01

EnchWeaponDaedricWarhammerAbsorbH01

For Jewelry it will be

EnchAmuletFire01 (and basically any other name a piece of jewelry uses)

Edited by Guest

yes easily done. but again would take a while, for this you would go into armor and weapon categories and remove the appropriate enchantments for all weapons and gear.

Ok nice! Tons of useful information in just one post. Give me a couple of hours to go back to my home pc and i'll be back to report my success or failure.

yes easily done. but

Ah, i see now. If i do exactly what you told me in your last post, then the game will stop spawning these enchanted items but i will still be able to make them myself in the arcane enchanter.

What i want to do is to remove the ability from the player to enchant his boots and his necklace with the fortify one/two handed enchantments in the exact same way the game won't allow you to put fortify health to your helmet. Even if you want to do it, there is no such option in the arcane enchanter window and so you can't make a helmet with a fortify health effect. Doable or hard coded as well? :mellow:

Edit: Nah, don't bother twistedfatal, deep down i know that the whole damage balancing is probably a lost cause so i guess i'm dropping it. There is no easy way to change some of the most troublesome variables responsible for skyrocketing the players melee damage so i guess i'll have to accept it and move on. A damage cap of 150 max would be ideal but AFAIK there is not such thing for weapons. Self nerfing for the rest of my life it is then. :pinch:

Edited by Guest

You can do that with form lists. If you go to Magic > enchantments and right-click, create new, you'll see a "worn restrictions" drop down, in the enchantment form. Click on that and scoll down to find the enchantment you want to restrict, for example EnchantmentOneHanded.

Then click "all" in the object window and type "enchantmentonehanded" into the search box. The form list for it should be the only hit. (Alternatively, you can go Miscellaneous > Form lists, and scroll down to find what you want.

Just remove the item(s) you don't want to be able to enchant for one-handed anymore. It will affect the whole game, though. If you want specifics, you'd have to do some duplicating and renaming, and create your own more-restricted enchantments, outside of the vanilla versions.