Skyrim SE - Mod Detectives Thread

DoctorKaizeld

Do any of you know if someone ever made a mod which allows the player to climb up walls and rocks? With animations in third person, of course.

With so many animation mods I wonder if it would be possible to have a cliffhanger mod. There is a mod which allows to shot a rope arrow and climb up it, but it is always in first person, and its a little clunky.

Alternatively, a activator piece for the Creation Kit would also be good, even if there is no animation involved. In this case there would be a "Press E" prompt in the piece of rock designed to be climbed. And instead of the animation the character would "teleport" to the piece above (which would be a platform). Several applications would be possible with such piece.

The short answer is a qualified yes (I have no idea about third person animations). I saw one here on Nexus many months ago. Wasn't interested personally, so I know nothing more than "I saw one"

... fortunately, finding it wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/26488?tab=description

Already know this one. Need one with animations.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

So, I recently discovered a mod that lets you move certain factions into bandit occupied forts after you cleared them out. Wanted to install it just now and realised that I don't remember the name, nor can I find it anywhere... Please help, thank you!

• 1 month later...

Is there any mod which creates new types of radiant quests?

I was thinking something along the lines of infiltration and stealing of documents and maps for the civil war, which could be taken in one of the missives boards. Only characters involved in the war would be able to do it. These missions could also include poisoning the food and seducing the local commander of a enemy camp.

I searched for it in the nexus, but found nothing of the kind.

I believe there is some potential for it in the Creation Kit, but I dont know how to create quests.

Hi!

Is there any kind of MOD that gives the player a place to "store" their followers? I may have installed an insane amount of MODS with new companions, so I wouldn't mind having a MOD that would allow me to put all of them in the same place after meeting them.

I was using Dread Prison to achieve that, but for some reason those followers are giving me the cold shoulder after making them fight in the Arena :whistling:

Thanks!

Edited by JacobCora

Hi!

Is there any kind of MOD that gives the player a place to "store" their followers? I may have installed an insane amount of MODS with new companions, so I wouldn't mind having a MOD that would allow me to put all of them in the same place after meeting them.

I was using Dread Prison to achieve that, but for some reason those followers are giving me the cold shoulder after making them fight in the Arena :whistling:

Thanks!

What I'm using right now is called "My Home Is Your Home 2+" which is an upgrade on the original, to allow for more home assignments, in addition to both day and night work/sleep. I want to say it will handle up to 250, but don't quote me on that. I use Amazing Follower Tweaks, which keeps track of previous followers and only has room for 30 to be managed, so what I do is get them to follow me, take them home and give them their bed/work/guard assignments, and then use the AFT reset on them, to return them to their original state. From then on, they live at my place. As far as where to put them, there are several modded homes with follower bunkrooms. I am currently using Misereth Hall by The Wanderer, but I have in the past built Hearthfire homes, including but not furnishing all 3 towers, and then using Jaxonz Positioner to put beds in them, and the same in the basement. You don't need them to be in a home you own, though. I have also put entire squads of followers in camps, around towns, inns, and even in mines. Pavo now has a full guard force at Kolskeggr mine, in case (when) the Forsworn come back.

There is a new mod out, called NPC party, which looks like it is shaping up to do both jobs plus some, but I haven't tried it yet.

Is there any mod which creates new types of radiant quests?

I was thinking something along the lines of infiltration and stealing of documents and maps for the civil war, which could be taken in one of the missives boards. Only characters involved in the war would be able to do it. These missions could also include poisoning the food and seducing the local commander of a enemy camp.

I searched for it in the nexus, but found nothing of the kind.

I believe there is some potential for it in the Creation Kit, but I dont know how to create quests.

Neither of these involves Missives, but if you're just looking to continue the civil war-style espionage, there are two mods which incorporate similar quests. The Second Great War will have you skulking around, infiltrating, assassinating, interrogating, etc., and Penitus Oculatus will put you to work stealing documents from Thalmor agents, (when you're not killing them.)

Hi!

Thanks!

What I'm using right now is called "My Home Is Your Home 2+" which is an upgrade on the original, to allow for more home assignments, in addition to both day and night work/sleep. I want to say it will handle up to 250, but don't quote me on that. I use Amazing Follower Tweaks, which keeps track of previous followers and only has room for 30 to be managed, so what I do is get them to follow me, take them home and give them their bed/work/guard assignments, and then use the AFT reset on them, to return them to their original state. From then on, they live at my place. As far as where to put them, there are several modded homes with follower bunkrooms. I am currently using Misereth Hall by The Wanderer, but I have in the past built Hearthfire homes, including but not furnishing all 3 towers, and then using Jaxonz Positioner to put beds in them, and the same in the basement. You don't need them to be in a home you own, though. I have also put entire squads of followers in camps, around towns, inns, and even in mines. Pavo now has a full guard force at Kolskeggr mine, in case (when) the Forsworn come back.

There is a new mod out, called NPC party, which looks like it is shaping up to do both jobs plus some, but I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks! You have given me a lot to check! :)

You're very welcome. I hope you enjoy. I neglected to mention, about My Home Is Your Home, either the original or 2+, to use caution when assigning guard duty. In my experience, they seem to take on the characteristics of a bandit at a fort, "That's close enough...I'm warning you..." etc., after which they aggro. I just use work, instead of guard. They will sandbox around the area, using any furniture and some markers, but will still respond to combat.

Edited by thumbincubation