Skyrim SE - Mod Detectives Thread

DoctorKaizeld

I'm wondering if there are Special Edition mods that do a couple of things I was able to do in the classic Skyrim:

1. Turn barrels and crates around the place into containers you could grab items from
  2. Smelt (or related action) a bunch of items into components (ie bones into bonemeal, armor into ore or ingots)
  3. (Edited in afterwards) Craft a bunch of extras like arrows and lockpicks

Edit: Checked through some of my old downloads, surprised Nexus kept track of them for so long... I think those mods might have been Dynamic Things and Ars Metalica? Wondering what the best options are for SE. There's a couple of different Dynamic Things, and no direct Ars Metalica.

Edited by Strokend

I'm wondering if there are Special Edition mods that do a couple of things I was able to do in the classic Skyrim:

1. Turn barrels and crates around the place into containers you could grab items from
  2. Smelt (or related action) a bunch of items into components (ie bones into bonemeal, armor into ore or ingots)

Edit: Checked through some of my old downloads, surprised Nexus kept track of them for so long... I think those mods might have been Dynamic Things and Ars Metalica? Wondering what the best options are for SE. There's a couple of different Dynamic Things, and no direct Ars Metalica.

1) yes

Although for the life of me, I have no idea why I can't find the mod in my mod list, I installed something ~two months ago that allows me to repurpose AND rename standard containers (barrels, urns, etc)

I'll try to get back here with an answer soon as I can figure it out unless someone else "beats me to the punch" but yes. I'm postitive there is a mods that closely works like you describe/want. For whatever the f that's worth anyway :wink:

2) yes-ish... >>> I use Melt Down Everything. It *might suit your needs. I think there are others, idk, maybe even better, but that's the one I happen to know. it works fine for me. Afaik, It does not do everything you want (bone meal for instance), but tbh, I don't think I've ever thought about it. I just use it for metal.

3) IDK. Personally (yes, shame on me) I just use Add-item-menu and get them (arrows) in groups of 100 from the gods. (thanks Gods). lockpicks are another thing. I get those from the sorry klugs who think they can kill a minor god. I think my fem has around 400 or 500 right now. she can't use em fast enough. IN any case, I think doing a search on "lockpick" from add-item-menu will cough up a listing of 100 ea (in case you're interested. I get the real approach earn every half pence. it gets tiring once the game's quests have run their courses)

So if I figure out #1 before you get an answer...i'll be back, otherwise good luck!

1) yes

Although for the life of me, I have no idea why I can't find the mod in my mod list, I installed something ~two months ago that allows me to repurpose AND rename standard containers (barrels, urns, etc)

I'll try to get back here with an answer soon as I can figure it out unless someone else "beats me to the punch" but yes. I'm postitive there is a mods that closely works like you describe/want. For whatever the f that's worth anyway :wink:

2) yes-ish... >>> I use Melt Down Everything. It *might suit your needs. I think there are others, idk, maybe even better, but that's the one I happen to know. it works fine for me. Afaik, It does not do everything you want (bone meal for instance), but tbh, I don't think I've ever thought about it. I just use it for metal.

3) IDK. Personally (yes, shame on me) I just use Add-item-menu and get them (arrows) in groups of 100 from the gods. (thanks Gods). lockpicks are another thing. I get those from the sorry klugs who think they can kill a minor god. I think my fem has around 400 or 500 right now. she can't use em fast enough. IN any case, I think doing a search on "lockpick" from add-item-menu will cough up a listing of 100 ea (in case you're interested. I get the real approach earn every half pence. it gets tiring once the game's quests have run their courses)

So if I figure out #1 before you get an answer...i'll be back, otherwise good luck!

I'm not familiar with the mod in #1, but was it by chance only a .dll?

1) yes

I'm not familiar with the mod in #1, but was it by chance only a .dll?

Possibly, or a script that directed me to manually install it. not sure yet. Or maybe just a mod I'm not identifying properly in my list. Whatever it is, it adds double clicking on the container for defining the container parameters and other stuff. One of the benefits of the mod (or whatever it is) is that it allows offloading multiple items to a targeted container in a single operation. Maybe that'll flag someone else's memory. I'm still puzzling over it. (haven't opened the game in several weeks as I've been busy with other things and can't really afford to pull myself back inside the virtual world right now)

Currently I'm trying out Complete Crafting Overhaul, but I may try that out at some point too.

1) yes

Update: found it: Automatic Item Storage >>> https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8224

my work is done. enjoy.

That's not really what I was thinking: Dynamic Things and Dynamic Things Alternative are designed to read random "Static" barrels and turn them into containers that have the randomized list of loot in them. It just always feels out of place that you can open random barrels but then suddenly these ones are pointless decorations?

I tried out Alternative to see how it compared, unfortunately that left me disappointed as only a very limited selection of barrels got transformed, so I got the original port to see if it still works the same. The original also allows me to chop down trees and break apart rocks, which is fun.

Edited by Strokend

Hello,

Im after a new copy of a character preset mod called 'Feis' by 'AvailableKiwi'. It was set to 'Hidden' on the nexus on 29 April.

I have attempted to contact the mod author but have had no reply so far.

I technically have the mod but despite creating a 'save as' copy in Race Menu to tweak and alter i have somehow accidently tweaked and saved over both iterations.

I am hoping to get an unaltered copy and preferably its specific requirements as well to start over.

If im overlooking something that may restore her im happy to learn about that also.

If asking other players and modders to share files goes against any rules or code then disregard, Im not sure about these things.

Hope you can help and thanks for your time.

Regards,

Anders.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it permitted to share links for mods outside of Nexus?

EDIT: To be precise - mods that were on Nexus but aren't anymore because author left and relocated their mod someplace else (no violations involved).

Edited by Katarsi

Is it permitted to share links for mods outside of Nexus?

EDIT: To be precise - mods that were on Nexus but aren't anymore because author left and relocated their mod someplace else (no violations involved).

Over the past 2-1/2 years I've been here, I've never been sanctioned for sharing offsite links.