Blurrys/low res textures?

Gazarah

Running a challenging survival modded FO4, I've encountered a very irritating bug/problem which gives random objects very low res textures making them very blurry which is very distracting.

I had this problem before and used enb's shadow boost to fix the issue, but obviously with the creation club update being a plague to our mods, that no longer works.

I have already tried adding the "iTextureUpgradeDistance1" ect tweaks and mipmap tweak to my ini's but to no avail.

I am NOT using the official HD texture pack.

Also it isn't a texture issue directly related to those that have it, as one time the texture can be fine, then the next time I load it up it will have it.

Is there a way to stop these horrible low res textures occurring?

here are some examples:

https://imgur.com/a/tSay4

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: Incase anyone needs it, I fixed it by changing the video memory in enblocal.ini by lowering it from 10gb to 4gb.

Edited by Gazarah

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

There is some info here, as well as comments that might be helpful to find the optimal number.

hmm still not exactly accurate.

I have gtx 1080 8gb Vram + 16RAM by his logic i should be able to set the vram value to 18000 when playing the game at 1080p Ultra

but that's what screwed the textures up for me.

It's fine now after I changed the value down to 8000 the same number as the Vram of my gpu without adding RAM

Edited by bajs11

• 1 month later...

Run LOOT and xEdit > renamed as FO4Edit set as fo4Edit.exe" -quickautoclean in the shortcut

One at a time, go through each of your ESM's that LOOT flags.

I did this for Skyrim and Fallout 4 and jesus friggin dam

The results make me wish I knew this the first time my game blurred up

If you don't agree, do the same for any ESP's and you will.

• 1 year later...