Coalesced Edit Help

Wisegal

Hi all,

I'm trying to edit my coalesced.bin file with the tool from Wenchy, but I'm having a bit of a problem. I edited a few things such as the scan pulse radius and the max fuel, but they aren't taking effect in the game. Everything appears to be saving correctly with the tool, and if I re-open the coalesced with the tool my edits are still there. But, there's absolutely no effect in the game. I do have a number of mods and textures installed, but as far as I can tell none of the DLC mods have coalesced files that overwrite what I edited.

Can anyone shed some light?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I just add mod with tutorial:

ME3 Gameplay tweaks

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/563/?

Thanks, but unfortunately your tutorial doesn't address my core question. I know how to edit the coalesced, and some of my edits are working in game. The problem is that some of them don't work (namely, edits to increase fuel capacity and scan radius). I'm running a number of mods, so the only thing I can figure is that one of them has its own settings that are overwriting my edits.

Some advices:

1) Check file syntax and don't set to high values 5000 and 1.0f will be enough;

2) Use different tools for edit;

3) Create your own DLC mod with mount priority 9999;

// As far as I know only several DLC mods have modified bioweapon file (my and Shadohz's weapon mods). Normandy fuel settings are stored there. //;

4) Try to edit DLC mods: change fuel settings and scan radius directly in Default_DLC.bin files; (add/remove/modify)

In conclusion: any DLC mod that has same code lines as in default Coalesced.bin will always override them, so unpack and edit all DLC mods that related to Coalesced.bin settings.

Edited by ArJed