Do people know what the Thalmor want?

SleepyDoll1

Imperial Library, Michael Kirkbride wrote:

What appears to be an Altmeri commentary on Talos:
To kill Man is to reach Heaven, from where we came before the Doom Drum's iniquity. When we accomplish
this, we can escape the mockery and long shame of the Material Prison.
To achieve this goal, we must:
1) Erase the Upstart Talos from the mythic. His presence fortifies the Wheel of the Convention, and binds
our souls to this plane.
2) Remove Man not just from the world, but from the Pattern of Possibility, so that the very idea of them can
be forgotten and thereby never again repeated.
3) With Talos and the Sons of Talos removed, the Dragon will become ours to unbind. The world of mortals
will be over. The Dragon will uncoil his hold on the stagnancy of linear time and move as Free Serpent again,
moving through the Aether without measure or burden, spilling time along the innumerable roads we once
travelled. And with that we will regain the mantle of the imperishable spirit.

Imperial Library, Michael Kirkbride wrote:

What appears to be an Altmeri commentary on Talos:

To kill Man is to reach Heaven, from where we came before the Doom Drum's iniquity. When we accomplish

this, we can escape the mockery and long shame of the Material Prison.

To achieve this goal, we must:

1) Erase the Upstart Talos from the mythic. His presence fortifies the Wheel of the Convention, and binds

our souls to this plane.

2) Remove Man not just from the world, but from the Pattern of Possibility, so that the very idea of them can

be forgotten and thereby never again repeated.

3) With Talos and the Sons of Talos removed, the Dragon will become ours to unbind. The world of mortals

will be over. The Dragon will uncoil his hold on the stagnancy of linear time and move as Free Serpent again,

moving through the Aether without measure or burden, spilling time along the innumerable roads we once

travelled. And with that we will regain the mantle of the imperishable spirit.

Understandable from Mer point of view then.

How is it a secret? Practically every Thalmor I run into states their intents quite clearly. I mean everyone knows that the banning of Talos worship is just an convenient excuse -for them and the Empire to turn a blind eye-to grant them diplomatic immunity while "cleansing" the populace in Skyrim and elsewhere. One former Thalmor from the Interesting Npcs mod talks about her wanting to put young ones to death! No. Their intent was made quite clear in the Great War. At least the Redguards never stopped fighting them I think.

This is why the civil war never made any sense to me for either side. On the one hand, the Nords should have recognized that any independence they won was not going to last long- not with the Thalmor running amok. On the other the Empire should have just granted Skyrim independence- knowing that they would still be staunch allies in another war with the Aldmeri Dominion. The Empire was doomed whether they signed that unfair treaty or not- would have been better for them to go down while still holding to their beliefs.

I'm amazed every time I hear that the Nords can't maintain their independence if the Stormcloaks win the war. You were right that the Redguards kept fighting. It was bloody also BUT the Dominion did finally give up on Hammerfell. If the Redguards can hold their own against the Dominion so can the Nords.