Nightmare-style Shadowmere (Now, With 25% More Flames!)

twowolves80

The last thread I could find for this style of Shadowmere request was from almost seven years ago, so I think it's high time to bring it up again.

Shadowmere is an infernal horse, a nightmare. Nightmares' hooves, if memory serves me correctly, not only didn't physically touch the ground, they left a trail of fire and smoldering cinders wherever they ran, and they were supposed to be able to dimension door into shadows and reappear across long distances. They also had a fear effect, as I recall, and could run a lot faster than a normal horse.

When I picture a nightmare, it looks something like this, minus perhaps the flaming mane and tail, or even with it:

http://worth1000.s3.amazonaws.com/submissions/481500/481624_dd89_1024x2000.jpg

So, couldn't the same qualities that flame atronachs use for leaving trails of fire and their sound fx be repurposed for a Shadowmere retex? Put a simple gradient on the hooves or even active flames, but use the smoke from candles to simulate the smoldering effect, then raise the horse up a tad bit somehow in the CK, add a fear effect, but somehow never hated, and bam. A proper nightmare, D&D-style. I'm not sure if it's possible to create that dimension door effect to jump between shadows, but that wouldn't be a deal-breaker to me.

Archet's Dark Brotherhood - Improved Shadowmere is a damn fine start, but I'd like to see the hooves actually not touch the ground by about half a foot and smolder and flame and leave a flame trail, along with the other effects.

Edited by twowolves80