Help With Initial Mod Install Load Order

twowolves80

Okay, I need help with this one. This is pretty much my mod install order list from last time, with a few things installed in new locations where they make sense due to their FOMod's patching options. This is not reflective of LOOT order!! This is an INSTALL order only. Not asking anyone to error check things or do anything super-intensive, just a quick glance-over to see if everything is in the right order for installing. Changelog is at the bottom in the spoiler tags as I will be revising this periodically until I'm satisfied with it.

I tried to group them where it made sense and where they would/should be overwritten. This is going to be my masterlist of mods, so I figure, if I can get these mods in a proper install order, I can just reinstall in the same order over and over. This isn't all that many mods, but this would give me a good base to start playing with the CK with to start learning.

I'm using NMM 0.63.17, the final version of NMM ever.

Any help or feedback would be very sincerely and greatly appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.

After a vanilla install with all the tools and bells and whistles (including the CK) and a back up copy made...

USSEP
FISS
PapyrusUtil SE

SKSE

Cutting Room Floor
Chesko's Lore-Based Loading Screens
FNIS
Achievements Enabler
Enhanced Blood Textures
Bowlegged Jump Fix

Improved Closed-Face Helmets

Unlimited Bookshelves
SkyUI

SkyUI - Show Armor Slots - Updated - SE
BodySlide/OutfitStudio

XPMSSE

; Side note to self to check default weapon positions in FOMod for XPMSSE to not conflict with Immersive Animations below.

Enhanced Character Edit

NetImmerseOverride (Download manually, unzip archive, delete SKSE folder, re-zip archive, install with manager of choice)

Racemenu(Install as normal, and then disable the RaceMenu-related .esp files)

; if you wish to use the body paints from RaceMenu, but use ECE primarily, make sure that ECE is loaded AFTER RaceMenu, and then, if you disable RaceMenu again after you've applied the body paints, the paints will stay, though you may need to tweak the colors.

iHUD

moreHUD

moreHUD Inventory Edition

Customizable Camera

Placeable Statics

Better Message Box Controls

Better Dialogue Boxes

Bring Out Your Dead

Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions (?)

Falskaar

The Forgotten City
Moonpath To Elsweyr

Folkstead and the Border of Hammerfell

; Download and install the extra LOD version

Haafstad and the Border of High Rock

Nyhus and the Border of Cyrodil

Clockwork
Beyond Skyrim - Bruma

Skyrim Sewers
Farmhouse Chimneys

Riverside Lodge

The Notice Board SE

Wooden Bridges of Skyrim

No Snow Under the Roof

Cutting Room Floor - No Snow Under Roof Patch

Populated Cities Towns Villages SE - Open Cities Compatible

Skyrim Better Roads
Ruins Clutter Improved

Lanterns of Skyrim SE

Open Cities Skyrim (?)*

Open Cities Skyrim Patches (?)*

SMIM (?)

Lootable Crates

Fences of Skyrim

Tempered Skins For Males SOS Light Version, Part 1
Tempered Skins For Males SOS Light Version, Part 2

CBBE

Consistent Older People

RS Children Overhaul
RS Children Overhaul Patch Database

The Kids Are Alright SE

Universal Race Scale Remover

Apachii Skyhair

Improved Eyes Skyrim

WyldTats Warpaint Edition

Footprints

Immersive Animations

Light Weight Head Tracking and Emotions

When Vampires Attack

Move It, Dammit

Female Vampires Have Fangs

Run For Your Lives

D13 Faster Get Up Stand Up Animation

Hmm, What To Wear

Bandolier - Bags and Pouches Classic
Immersive Armors

Cubic Hairs Renewal For CBBE and UUNP

HDT Piercings

Cloaks of Skyrim

Main Menu Spinning Emblem

A Quality World Map

KW Telescope

Polished and Sexy Nocturnal Statue (?)***

Skyrim Coin Replacer Redux

The Elder Scrolls V Rewritten - Arvak SE

Archet's Dark Brotherhood - Improved Shadowmere

Climates of Tamriel (and patches)

True Storms (and patches)

Realistic Water Two (?)**

Realistic Water Two LOD Fix (?)**

Wet And Cold
Ethereal Cosmos

Realistic Lighting Overhaul

RLO - TKAA Patch

No Interior Fog

Interior Floating Fog Remover

Audio Overhaul For Skyrim SE

Improved Weapon Impact Effects Correct Metal SE
Birds of Skyrim SSE

Birds and Flocks SSE

Skybirds SSE

Better Skyrim Wolves

Better Skyrim Wolves For Beyond Skyrim Bruma
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim
Ordinator Beyond Skyrim Patch
Skyrim Recycling

Autumn of Whiterun

Amazing Follower Tweaks

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul
Valcacil's Item Sorting

VIS Patch - Beyond Skyrim - Bruma

Better Vampires****

Yellow: Caution, either potential incompatibility or unsure of install order with (?)

Green: Needs to be ported to SE, have been using NifOptimizer, but that might not be as good a fix as I first thought...make sure to open esp/bsa files in CK, do the fake-edit, then save to port??

Red: NSFW mod, so not going to link it here. Google is your friend.

*Possible incompatibility, proceed with caution.
**Possible water bug, find out if resolved.
***Experimental, would like to learn the method behind this process.

****Experimental, wait until game is fully stable, then proceed with caution.

Again, any help anyone can provide, even if its just to look it over and say looks good, or install this here first, then you're good, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again in advance.

Changelog:

11.2.18 Added WyldTats Warpaint Edition.

11.2.18 Deleted When Vampires Attack due to it being obsolete and part of newer version of Run For Your Lives.

10.31.18 Added Better Dialogue Controls, RLO-TKAA Patch and The Kids Are Alright to the starting lineup.

10.31.18 Fixed ECE install order with RaceMenu and NetImmerseOverride, and added a note about tweaking body paints
10.29.18 Changed FISS link to new working link.

09.11.17 Added Wet And Cold and Immersive Armors--Seriously, how the hell did I miss that?

06.11.17 Removed CBBE Normal Maps and Pride of Valhalla. Getting odd shimmering/off-color body, and it's one of these two.

05.11.17 Removed FNIS Sexy Move SE due to possible compatibility issues with Immersive Animations

05.11.17 Added Cloaks of Skyrim, Better Skyrim Wolves, and Better Skyrim Wolves For Beyond Skyrim Bruma
05.11.17 Changed position of Improved Eyes Skyrim to overwrite RS Children Overhaul.

04.11.17 Changed position of VIS Patch - Beyond Skyrim - Bruma to overwrite Valcacil's Item Sorting, since patches go after parent mods.

Tools/Notes For Converting Oldrim Mods To Special Edition:

Nifscan - .tga [texture] files are no longer supported.

If you have assets using these, they need to be converted into proper DDS files. Textures originally saved in either the A1R5G5B5 format or the B5G6R5 format must be resaved in A8R8G8B8, R8G8B8, or an equivalent compressed format like DXT5 or DXT1. If this is not done, some installations of DirectX 11 will not be able to process it and SSE will crash. This seems to be most common for folks using Windows 7. NifScan will detect this when run.

More Information On Converting Mods

Yet More Information On Converting Mods

Edited by twowolves80

Psh, once we get your computer built, we'll put together a master list of mods for you, too. I just need to check to make sure the mods are in proper install order so that the FOMods (a UI that pops up when you install mods to allow you to select certain options) patch properly. lol Nothing like thinking your almost done, and then install a mod to find out the FOMod has an option that you should have patched earlier, and with NMM and the way it handles conflict priority based on install order, it could mean having to uninstall a lot of mods to install a single one in the correct order.

MO (Mod Organizer) allows for that type of load order "hot-swapping" to assign priority to mod conflicts/overwrites, but NMM, you have to uninstall/reinstall--it's one of it's biggest weaknesses over MO, and the biggest source complaints which is why you'll see people bitching to Tannin about "Is the new Vortex going to have le Virtual Filing System like MO? Ermergerd! You better do that there or...I'm gonna...put yer hand in yer mouth and...yer gonna...lollygag...!" ...devolves into sputtering, incomprehensible mutters with an inexplicable southern drawl, punctuated with hat-stomping.

lol Hence, this list. Once I have the order-of-operation down for the most part, it will be something I can refer back to over and over, and just go right down the list and reinstall. With NMM, I have to make sure it's in the right order, though.

Keep reading, my dear. You'll see soon enough how it is and the secret agony of modders when they bork their data folder and have to reinstall fresh...lol

EDIT: I moved the Bruma Patch for VIS below VIS as I think this is the correct order for that since the VIS mod has to be present for the patch to overwrite, if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by twowolves80

• 2 years later...

I know this topic seems dead, mostly because I think it was solved. But it was my hope that I could get someone to look over my Install Order as well and see if I have to move things around. Everything seems to work for most of the time, but I get CTDs or complete computer freezes. The only way out with the freeze is to sign out of windows and then back in. Any help would be lovely.

• 2 weeks later...

Post it in spoilers.

Also, run Loot. Then, check Loot's accuracy by running WryeBash (yes, this is how it works, judging from this being your first post...congrats, by the way!). Look for orange boxes. Those are mods who depend on other mods in a certain order. Not a big deal--means the author was lazy when they made the mod. In FO4Edit (yes, you'll need this, too--are you writing this down?? There'll be a quiz later...) you will uncheck all when it opens, and then load ONLY the mod whose box is orange in wryebash (leave that open). Right click, sort the masters (when it's done loading and pushing for donations), save, and close. Click on the wryebash window and the orange box turns green magically. LOOT is pretty reliable, so leave it do it's thing, but always read each mod's description before installing, especially if it's script-heavy, like War of the Commonwealth.

As for you needing to sign out, that is generally a not a good sign to be crashing that hard. You're either memory-starved, or you have hardware failure. I have a similar issue on occasion with it, but my memory cards are shite. G.Skill sucks harder than black hole. Should have went to corsair. I run 2x8MB, but I have an MSI 980Ti with 6GB of vRAM to back me up, so I get by.