Is this possible and would anyone know how?

RickyTheRocket

I'm currently playing through Fallout: A Tale of Two Wastelands and I've been having a blast!

For added immersion, I've been using a few mods:

Solid Project adds some chem animations, a hand when interacting with doors or grabbing items, sprint, putting your hands down while falling and a few other things.

Enhanced camera.

And WAR Weapon Animation Replacers.

Now, here's my impasse: if I disable the experimental third person arms, everything in Solid Project works great, all of the animation overlays play and everything's great! Plus, I think that melee weapons look a lot better without experimental third person arms. The only problem is that I love the experimental third person arms! Even more so with the Weapon Animation Replacers! unfortunately, none of the overlays from solid project show up and the melee looks like garbage :(

I did find out that if I enable true first person iron sights in the ini file for Enhanced Camera AND I'm holding the button for iron sights that it'll show the overlays from Solid Project for picking up items and opening doors, however, no matter what I try the chem animations won't play at all.

So my question is this, would there be any way to make it so that I could toggle experimental third person arms in game? Even better would there be a way to make it happen automatically when I interact with doors, pick up items or use a melee weapon? And, if so, how would I be able to go about doing it?

I'll admit that my knowledge of modding is lacking or I'd gladly try to make a patch or something.

Regardless, I thank you in advance for your time!!

You are really asking about additional controls within "Solid Project". That sort of thing is best asked of the mod team. Their forum thread is here. Their "permissions" are pretty much "nothing without asking us first", so you aren't going to get anyone else to publish a patch until they give permission anyway.

-Dubious-

So It's likely nothing that I'd be able to tweak by myself? I'm not sure the creators of solid project would be able to help since all of the first person animations are overlays, which the experimental third person arms in Enhanced Cameras seems to completely remove.

Thank you for taking the time to answer!

Well, going by your "I'll admit that my knowledge of modding is lacking or I'd gladly try to make a patch or something" statement, unless you have experience with creating animations in the Gamebryo engine, it's not likely you can by yourself.

Of course, nothing is impossible if you are willing to spend enough time on it for strictly personal use. In which case I would suggest you first take a look at how "Solid Project" implements their arm animations, and then take a look at some of the tutorials in the "Animation" section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article.

But, really, run it by the mod team first. It may turn out to be easier (or harder) than you think. They are the experts.

-Dubious-