⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

DLCs missing when using mods

sarahh7

Actually it is a problem with the launcher.

How do you fix the problem with the launcher? I just did a fresh install on a new PC, Origin download. All DLC is showing up as enabled, using the same mods I've always used. I can play the campaigns out of the main game, but the Stone Prisoner, Warden's Keep, and Return to Ostagar are not in my new playthrough. Levi isn't even in the party camp. I left Lothering and traveled to Lake Calenhad. Any idea what the problem is with the launcher? Thanks in advance.

@WhyspreShayde; Are you running a Steam install too? If so, see my previous post about copying your CD-key then doing a complete un-install of that version and a fresh install using EA/Origin.

(The EA/Origin version doesn't use the old launcher program at all.)

Else, it may be worth changing the screen, graphics, renderer, or "no startup movies" settings to see that can fix things so you don't get the CtD.

I was having the same problem with my Collectors Edition of DOA, and thought it was just because it's the same game I bought when the game came out, but though the DLC was there, I couldn't get Shale to work, and had no premium content in game.

I found this site:

https://dragonage.fandom.com/wiki/Downloadable_content_%28Origins%29#Manual_installation

and read the directions. Turns out, I didn't have the second part of the Shale download that unlocks it. Didn't even know there was a second download I was supposed to have already. Downloaded that, and Premium content showed up on all of the characters I made.

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I'm sharing this because it was so frustrating not knowing why the content said it was active, but couldn't play it. If you have it, you have to use daupdater to install it, but it gives directions for installing it with a Steam install also. Hope this helps someone.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a similar issue to this (DAO Ultimate Edition on Origin, W10) but haven't been able to resolve it yet. Hoping someone can help me.

All DLCs and mods were working fine until I decided to disable OneDrive so that my Documents folder would now be local instead of on their cloud. After doing this, (understandably) the mods were no longer appearing in the game. Long story short, I ended up uninstalling Vortex and deleting the dragonage folder from /appdata/roaming/vortex, then uninstalling and reinstalling DAO from Origin. After doing that and launching the game, all my DLC was available (the Other Campaign option was available from the main menu and I could see all DLC content under the Downloadable Content option).

I then installed a handful of mods using Vortex and when I launched the game, the DLC was no longer available (the Other Campaign option was now grayed out) and the Downloadable Content option now only shows mods! I uninstalled the mods and still didn't have access to the DLC.

I am now running a Repair on the game from Origin but I am at a total loss as to why it seems I can no longer have both my DLC and mods running at the same time.

EDIT: Repairing the game worked. However, using my existing /Documents/BioWare/Dragon Age folder makes the DLC disappear again. Using a fresh folder brings the DLC back. I will now try installing a mod.

EDIT 2: Everything is working well again.

Tl;dr I fixed it by repairing the game in Origin, using a fresh /Documents/BioWare/Dragon Age folder and deleting the /appdata/roaming/vortex/dragonage folder.

Edited by dperron