Finally, there's a way for custom/new classes to work with GOG's version of the game!

LittleWolfie

"Hello.

After heaps of outdated or (for the GOG version of Darkest Dungeon) non-functional new class mods, I gave up on the possibility of having a non-official class in the game.

However, today I've done some testing on MarvinSeo's mods on the Nexus and not only do they work, I haven't encountered any problems with them after using a Lamia and a Falconer hero on a test-run quest.

How come? The author of the mods was kind enough to provide their mods with custom made ".LOC" files as well as a "string table" file in the download-ready folder.
By doing that the need to run the infamous localization file (which would always crash on a GOG version of the game after being run) was eliminated. The author already provided the files the game would otherwise make if the localization file had been run successfully.

The mods for the Lamia and the Falconer class by MarvinSeo can be accessed on the Nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/darkestdungeon/users/47067506/?tb=mods&pUp=1 - MarvinSeo's mod page

[...]

P.S. I do not have the technical knowledge of how the "string table" file and the ".LOC" files were created. I only know that they are the key ingredients of a new class mod that can run well on GOG's version of Darkest Dungeon. If you have questions about the creation of the files, ask a mod author."

This is a copy of what I've posted on GOG's forum dedicated to Darkest Dungeon.

I want to thank MarvinSeo for making mods that function perfectly on GOG's version of Darkest Dungeon despite a well-known issue (that as has so far been unaddressed by the developers, as far as I know) and encourage other modders creating mods with new/custom classes to follow their example.

P.S. In case I have wrongly accused Red Hook of being unresponsive and neglecting towards the localization file issue that has persisted in the game for a very long time, I apologize.

If someone points out an official response regarding the localization file, I will be more than happy to correct this post.