Need Help with DynDOLOD

Solora

Anyone ever had DynDOLOD or TexGen say

FATAL"Could not open registry key: \SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim\

I tried running SSE launcher from steam like it suggests, but that didn't fix it. I think it's looking for the original skyrim ini but I'm not sure how to get it to look for SSE instead. I might be completely doing it wrong, I've never used it for special edition before. Tried googling it but that didn't help.

Nevermind, I figured it out. If anyone else is having trouble getting dyndolod or texgen to work with SSE, you need to make a shortcut for each .exe, then right click on the shortcut, click properties, then in the "Target" window, at the end of the words already there put a space then -sse then it should work. So for example

Target: C:\Users\Solora\Desktop\DynDOLOD\DynDOLODx64.exe -sse

Hope it helps someone!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
If anyone is still having trouble with it saying it is not valid, make sure that dyndolod is NOT INSTALLED in the steam/skyrim game folder, install it somewhere else like on your desktop! Dyndolod is not supposed to be ran from the game folder. Otherwise it will give you the same error.

• 6 months later...

I have dyndolod in c:\users\Me\desktop\mod tools\DynDOLOD and am still getting "the name " " specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct." error. . Anyone figure out a fix for this?

Edit:I figured it out, for some reason it requires me to drop the dyndolod folder directly on the desktop, after doing this I could add " -sse" to the target line. If anyone else sees this, hope it helps.

Edited by Tylersteinfeldt01