Need Help with DynDOLOD

Solora

For people that are still having issues with this error, here is seven easy steps on how to fix the registry error

1. Make a shortcut of DynDOLOD/TexGen and put it on your desk top

2. Hover over "DynDOLOD.exe shortcut" and right click it, click the properties from the drop down menu

3. Under short cuts tab, look to the left and you will see a the headings "Target Type", "Target location" and "Target". we are going to be typing in the "Target" heading

4. You will see the file path of your current install for skyrim se to the right of the heading "target", should look similar to this: "C:\VideosGames\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD.exe"

5.We are going to add a parameter to "C:\VideosGames\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD.exe

6. add -sse right after the exe. Should look like this "C:\VideosGames\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD.exe" -sse

7. Save by click apply. You are done , it should start up for you with no problems now. (use these steps to fix texgen too)

Its actually very simple, but if you just tell someone "add a parameter of -sse" that doesn't really help if you don't know what/how to put parameters on shortcuts. Hope this helps guys, i was getting really annoyed trying to figure this out, hopefully this helps your stress levels go down. :smile: Good luck modding

• 1 month later...

For anyone who has this issue with Mod Organiser (FATAL"Could not open registry key: \SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim\) you add '-sse' to the 'arguments' line of the mod organiser shortcut manager for DyndoLod and for TexGen.

this man a legend. worked perfect xD

gotta love technology noweadays... thought it was gonna be lot more complex

Edited by kayvindex

• 8 months later...

For people that are still having issues with this error, here is seven easy steps on how to fix the registry error

2. Hover over "DynDOLOD.exe shortcut" and right click it, click the properties from the drop down menu

3. Under short cuts tab, look to the left and you will see a the headings "Target Type", "Target location" and "Target". we are going to be typing in the "Target" heading

4. You will see the file path of your current install for skyrim se to the right of the heading "target", should look similar to this: "C:\VideosGames\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD.exe"

5.We are going to add a parameter to "C:\VideosGames\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD.exe

6. add -sse right after the exe. Should look like this "C:\VideosGames\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD.exe" -sse

7. Save by click apply. You are done , it should start up for you with no problems now. (use these steps to fix texgen too)

Its actually very simple, but if you just tell someone "add a parameter of -sse" that doesn't really help if you don't know what/how to put parameters on shortcuts. Hope this helps guys, i was getting really annoyed trying to figure this out, hopefully this helps your stress levels go down. :smile: Good luck modding

I did this and it keeps telling me the target box is invalid. Help?

I did this and it keeps telling me the target box is invalid. Help?

I wander why I got this post in my regular e-mail box. I didn't even took part in this discussion, and still it was just send to me.

• 1 year later...

Nevermind, I figured it out. If anyone else is having trouble getting dyndolod or texgen to work with SSE, you need to make a shortcut for each .exe, then right click on the shortcut, click properties, then in the "Target" window, at the end of the words already there put a space then -sse then it should work. So for example

Target: C:\Users\Solora\Desktop\DynDOLOD\DynDOLODx64.exe -sse

Hope it helps someone!

I LOVE YOU Thanx u men Thannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx