[LE] A mod to banish the Thalmor from Skyrim

IT WORKED!!!! IT WORKED!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, NERDOFPREY!!!!

still, I must work now on the improvements I am aiming to add to the Temple (A smith, an enchantment table, an alchemyst table, etc) and how to make Malborn manage those improvements via dialogue. I'd also like to add a dialogue to the quest with the condition of the caretaker Malborn already enabled (In my savegame I am using to test the mod I have a teleportation mod)

Edited by ElrazielMoon

WOOHOO! I was ready to get in the CK tonight and start taking screenshots if it still wasn't making sense...

To make something a quest item you have to put the object reference in a quest alias and tick the box, I think it's "quest object." Optionally you can point a quest objective to that alias to get a map marker at that stage. You can do this by rooting around in the original quest, or by making your own quest, depending on what you're going for.

Now I have another problem: I am trying to make a force greeting on the caretaker when he is near the Dragonborn, I already put the dialogue in the quest dialogues, but when I test it, there goes a list of options from another mods and some suspensive points (that's the option to make this dialogue).

I have another question: Should I make a quest to build the furnishings of the Temple via dialogue with Malborn?

Now, my next quest: To resolve the Phaarthurnax Dilemma by making the spirit of Martin Septim appear before Phaarturnax and later before Delphine, demanding her to respect the Dragonborn decision.

I wanna put an stage where the Dragonborn has to pray to a shrine of Akatosh to get the Akatosh blessing and advance the stage

Force greets require a force greet AI package to work properly, and they can also be a little buggy; you can't have a bunch of dialogue under one topic for a force greet, so it's best to stick to just one line of dialogue for the greeting and then link that to another topic to continue that conversation.

I can't really give you definitive answers to creative questions like "should I make a quest like this," because it's really your call. If you want to know if it will work, the answer is usually yes, it's just a matter of figuring out exactly what you want to happen and then figuring out how to implement it.

To add furniture via dialogue shouldn't be too difficult, it would just be a matter of setting a bunch of furniture as initially disabled, setting one X-marker (also disabled) as the enable parent for each group of objects, then putting a script fragment on the dialogue to enable the X-marker (as an object reference property, or you can make the marker a quest alias). You could do whole rooms at a time that way. Optionally, you could use quest stages to gate each option, either to build things in a specific order or impose outside requirements like gathering materials. Or you could just list the options up front and charge a bit of gold for each, like how player houses work. There are a lot of ways to make that work.

well, strangely, after a while the script worked well, so It can be considered done. The temple upgrades will take a loooong time.

For now, my main concern is the quest to resolve the Phaarthurnax dilemma. There are my stages:

- (In the Phaarthurnax quest) pray to a shrine of Akatosh for guidance (this will begin the quest)

- Go talk to Phaarthurnax (Deciding not to kill him will make the spirit of Martin Septim appear and trigger a dialogue with Phaarthurnax)

- Talk to Martin Septim (To advance the quest, the Civil War (imperial side), the main quest and the caretaker quest must be completed)

- Go back to the Temple (When the Dragonborn arrives, Malborn will receive him very worried because outside the Temple are two dragons demanding to see him)

- (Outside will be Delphine and Esbern confronting Odahviing and another dragon) Tell Delphine about the decision to not to kill Phaarthurnax

- (Delphine will banish the Dragonborn from the Temple and Martin Septim will appear, demanding Delphine and Esbern to respect his decision, leaving the two of them very confused) Go away for a few days

- Go back and talk to delphine again (The dragon that was with Odahviing will stay with the Blades forging some sort of alliance)

Edited by ElrazielMoon

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings. I am thinking on putting this script in the Akatosh shrines to get the advance stage I want:

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)

If GetStage MQPaarthurnax 20

BladesFTHOTB.SetStage(10)

End If

EndEvent

Is it good like that? What should I add or correct? What references should I add?

Thanks for your help, and your patience

Force greets require a force greet AI package to work properly, and they can also be a little buggy; you can't have a bunch of dialogue under one topic for a force greet, so it's best to stick to just one line of dialogue for the greeting and then link that to another topic to continue that conversation.

I can't really give you definitive answers to creative questions like "should I make a quest like this," because it's really your call. If you want to know if it will work, the answer is usually yes, it's just a matter of figuring out exactly what you want to happen and then figuring out how to implement it.

To add furniture via dialogue shouldn't be too difficult, it would just be a matter of setting a bunch of furniture as initially disabled, setting one X-marker (also disabled) as the enable parent for each group of objects, then putting a script fragment on the dialogue to enable the X-marker (as an object reference property, or you can make the marker a quest alias). You could do whole rooms at a time that way. Optionally, you could use quest stages to gate each option, either to build things in a specific order or impose outside requirements like gathering materials. Or you could just list the options up front and charge a bit of gold for each, like how player houses work. There are a lot of ways to make that work.

Greetings. I am thinking on putting this script in the Akatosh shrines to get the advance stage I want:

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)

If GetStage MQPaarthurnax 20

BladesFTHOTB.SetStage(10)

End If

EndEvent

Is it good like that? What should I add or correct? What references should I add?

Thanks for your help, and your patience

well, it seems that I have a great problem: when I am testing the quest, the first stage doesn't have the jouernal entry and the objective doesn't mark, and after the quest advances to another stage where I putted a dialogue with Paarthurnax, the dialogue doesn't appear, how can I fix the save so I can keep testing the mod?