Child Companion Occasionally Retreating & Other Minor Issues

SilentVII

if i remember right child npc had a script and a ai package that made them flee for combat, i don't see the script, but maybe they still have the package

As far as I'm aware there's literally no other scripts, I used the "Companion Template" mod and changed the race from "HumanRace" to a modified duplicate of "HumanChildRace" renamed "BellaCompRace" (Child box unchecked, removed the "child keyword" from the keyword list, modified body parts without the child keywords) if I remember correctly for all the parts, body, head, hair, hands, etc. had modified "HumanChildRace" without the child box unchecked tied to those parts.

Basically what I'm saying is I didn't build around a Child NPC, I built around the modified "HumanChildRace" and the "Companion Template" mod which had it's own AI Package.

EDIT: Here's her AI package, just a sandbox package.

VbsV2Dx.png

Well I'm just gonna put a check list and make sure we've been through it all.

So here's what you could try:

1. Use/make custom race

2. Change/make new AI package and/or use override package with modded values.

3. Make custom class with modified values

4. Make custom combat style with modified values

5. Avoid use of other ActorBase or LNPC for templating anything on your ActorBase record

So those are the easy Ck things I can think of off the top of my head. Failing all this for whatever reason I would try scripting a forced AI package change. Probably via Ref Alias, either filled or applied, and on the bleed out event.

I am not in a position to write an example code right now if you are not sure how to script, but if somebody doesn't beat me to it I could do this for you at some point tomorrow.

Well I'm just gonna put a check list and make sure we've been through it all.

So here's what you could try:

1. Use/make custom race

2. Change/make new AI package and/or use override package with modded values.

3. Make custom class with modified values

4. Make custom combat style with modified values

5. Avoid use of other ActorBase or LNPC for templating anything on your ActorBase record

So those are the easy Ck things I can think of off the top of my head. Failing all this for whatever reason I would try scripting a forced AI package change. Probably via Ref Alias, either filled or applied, and on the bleed out event.

I am not in a position to write an example code right now if you are not sure how to script, but if somebody doesn't beat me to it I could do this for you at some point tomorrow.

I'll start with those steps to be 100% sure I cover all my bases and report my findings, I'll package all this up and share it on my Dropbox for anyone to nitpick at it and see where I might have possibly gone wrong.

(The files in the Dropbox are before going through your steps)

Dropbox: Shared Mod Projects

Also OP should keep in mind Beth doesn't share 100% of the game code with modders. Even if you sever all ties to child code, a single variable hidden behind the native wall can trigger undesirable results. "It just works."

Well again, this has been done once before for Fallout 4, with success from what I can tell, so this project isn't impossible, I'm just new to all this and I'm stumped due to my limited experience.

FCR with Peter the child companion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to help the author of the original companion template solve the stimpak/robot repair kit issue. This is a problem for any companion made with a custom race. I finally solved it.

The issue is modifying the Idle Animations in FO4Edit which are hidden in the Creation Kit for whatever reason.

Here's a screenshot to help explain a few things:

6QIuyfC.png

As you can see it does a race check to determine if it should show a stimpak and if that fails it goes with a robot repair kit.

In order to allow your mod to edit these animations, you need to search for the ID directly, say, AB292, and after it appears on the left sidebar, right click it and select Copy as override into... and select your mod.

Once your mod looks like the right side bar, with the entry detected in Fallout4.esm and YourModNamedWhatever.esp, you need to make the conditions look like they appear in the screenshot, (with WABFeralGhoulBubRace replaced with whatever your race is of course.)

Hope that helps with at least one thing troubling you.

Edited by Guest

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I hate to Necro stuff but it seems there was never a real solution,

if anyone runs in to this problem,

in the character file under Attack Data, change Override from Behavior Graph from ChildRace to HumanRace, that should do it if not then you need to create a copy race from HumanChild and change everything that says Child to HUmanRace and uncheck the Child radio button. If you don't need any adult stuff then that should do the trick!