[Wrye Bash] Bashed Patch sets "Auto-calc stats 1" to some vendors and they stop working

hrews

I found this problem when I noticed I couldn't use any service from some merchants (Ungarion among them). I looked up how to set an NPC to make it a vendor and found the problem.

The Auto-calc stats setting was enabled, which need to be off for the merchant to work. And it was only the Bashed Patch who made that change.

(I tried disabling it again through TES4Edit and I could use the services again)

My question is: Why does the Bashed Patch do that and how do I avoid it?

write it on wrye bash page please-

Can you send me a link?

Never mind, I think I found it

Edited by hrews

Never seen it do that, perhaps some box you ticked.

Specifically I mean it has never broken vendors for me ever.

I don't see any option that makes or keeps it from doing this. I'll try posting on the Wrye Bash thread, if I find it

I identified the affected NPCs from Oblivion.esm with TES4Edit, here's the list:

• Ungarion (0000A088)
  • Hauls-Ropes-Faster (0000A297)
  • Fithragaer (0000BEE6)
  • Dovyn Aren (0001605C)
  • Malintus Ancrus (000222A6)
  • Tumindil (00028F9D)
  • Ulmug gro-Cromgog (00028FA9)
  • Thaurron (0002D018)
  • Faelian (0002F875)
  • Alval Uvani (00030196)
  • Brodras (00034E72)
  • Gaspar Stegine (00034EB1)
  • Hafid Hollowleg (00035EB0)
  • Fallen Knight of Thorn (0003aa8d, 00071b94)
  • Gin-Wulm (0003E92D)
  • Dead Captive (00064c1d and 000651a7)

Not all of them are vendors, some only offer training and/or spells, others do none of those (one of them doesn't even appear in-game).

Edited by hrews

Ok, after doing some research I've found that Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul changes "Cal min" from 0 to 1 (meaning that the minimum level for the NPC is now 0, but I don't see the difference since there's no level 0), and in turn Bashed Patch switch Auto-calc stats on on those NPCs.

I've tested it by directly changing both OOO's .esm and .esp to vanilla for that setting and rebuilding the patch. For the NPC I modified, Bashed Patch didn't turn Auto-calc on.

Two exceptions: Faelian (0002F875) and Alval Uvani (00030196):

• Alval Uvani (00030196) - Only change, made by OOOExtended.esp is Level offset: 35 from 15
  • Faelian (0002F875) - Change made by OOO, Level offset: 6 from 1

Since this problem is related with OOO I'm posting this issue in it's own thread.