Faun/Satyr Legs

NobodyNoseFernando

This is I hope a simple request, but something I'm not sure how to do myself. I would like to see something like DreamBurrow's unreleased pan race:

http://78.media.tumblr.com/802124be9a8bda7d206cd49c54fda976/tumblr_mx7e2awmIC1rio27yo1_1280.jpg

http://78.media.tumblr.com/909d36b1b5eb49550997b48c2a7775dc/tumblr_mx7e2awmIC1rio27yo2_1280.jpg

I do have the resource pack that was used to make this (no longer on the nexus) but I don't know what to do with it. I don't care that much about a whole custom race with its own stats and powers and everything (would be a lot to ask) but just the ability to use custom meshes/textures like with the Custom Races mod. The mod resource pack includes hooves, but it's just feet - I don't know how you would make the legs look like this, but I assume it would require a mesh edit which I don't know how to do (I think this DreamBurrow example used the elk legs). Just someone making a mesh like this that I could use with Custom Races would be enough.

And before anyone says I do know about the deerborn race but this has some problems with males since it uses the female resources for them. I would really like to be able to make a male character with this type of legs.

Sorry for the late reply.

Posting a link to a copy of the resource might be a step in the right direction.

I don't think I can do that since the author has removed the files from the nexus and the only way to obtain them are from other people who have uploaded them...but if you google "nuska's modder resources download" you can find it pretty easily. Or, it looks like someone else uploaded it to the SSE nexus, which I assume would still work for classic since it's just meshes and textures: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11277/

I would really just like to add satyr-like legs to a regular male body (probably SoS, but BetterMales would be fine too). Just the default humanoid-looking textures for whatever body mod + fur on the legs would be ideal for me, so I'm not particular about using the fur-looking body texture in the images I posted. I would mostly just like to see those legs on a humanoid body, maybe with the tail included in the resource pack but this is not the end of the world for me.

For clothes I figure just the usual bandit furs or forsworn clothes would be good. I also like the outfit in the first screenshot I posted which I believe I have, I think it's called witch armor or something similar? But the vanilla armors I mentioned would be totally fine if compatibility would be a problem. I assume any armor mods that don't cover the entire legs would probably work fine, so things like the bandit furs or forsworn clothes that have more of a kilt would probably work.

If you could put something together like this that would be really awesome!!

Edited by NobodyNoseFernando

Thank you again!! The copy of the files I got (you can find by googling) were definitely made for LE, I'm not sure if the person who uploaded for SSE did any converting to them or not.

I think the issue with the deerborn mod is that it uses the female textures on the male mesh or something that makes males look weird and have texture seams. I made a female with the race for testing and she looks a little better (though I would personally prefer more faun-like legs than human legs with hoof feet). There are very noticeable texture seams on the feet even for female too, and the legs seem to sink into the floor even with the high heels mod installed (unless I did something wrong there). Overall I just found that the deerborn mod didn't really meet my specific needs, not to say it's bad or anything. If you wanted to RP a female character with it you would probably be much better off than male. I even tried poking into the files before making this request hoping I might be able to reverse engineer something myself but I couldn't figure it out, because there don't seem to be any male body meshes or textures present at all.

I would be fine without boots, or just an invisible mesh for boots even (so you can get the armor bonus but it looks like you're not wearing any). I know I have used a digitigrade khajiit mod before with invisible meshes for most vanilla boots that work this way, and that is fine for me :) I imagine it would be less work for you too than having to fit the boot cuff meshes onto the hooves.

I was thinking of having it replace the wood elf race, but I would prefer to use the nord head meshes so it looks more humanoid, if that's possible. Otherwise replacing one of the human races is fine too. I have different profiles in Mod Organizer and could easily just have a separate version of CustomRaces replacing, say, a nord with the satyr race only for that specific playthrough, so whatever is easiest is okay with me.

I plan to use this on LE (I got SSE for free but haven't even touched it yet because so many of my must-have mods are still LE-only). Thank you again for doing this!

Oh my God, that looks amazing!! Seriously, thank you so much for working on this!! I absolutely don't mind waiting a little longer for the textures, take your time, I'm just thrilled you're doing this for me at all.

If you're using MO, I'm gonna assume you at least know how to replace certain files or edit armor values to your liking in the CK. Which makes this a bit easier.

I know how to edit armor values and the like in TES5Edit. If it's basic stuff I can probably do it.

For horns I was just going to use this mod but is there a way to attach them directly to the head mesh? I kind of like just the forehead horns from this type:

57198-1-1408359278.png

If it would be possible to use just those two forehead horns and remove the other parts that would be awesome.

Oh woah! I was searching around for something like this and found this thread. This is wonderful! I've been wanting a Satyr or Faun type race for a long time. You're making it to be an add on as a custom race with one compatible armor for those legs, right?

I'm happy regardless of the implementation. Thank you so much WalkingMassofComplexes for making something like this. Once it is finished could you PM me the download as well? I promise not to upload it anywhere should that be the requirement.

Looks good. Except hair/fur goes downwards, not upwards. Looks like it went through one of those skydiving simulators and got a gust of hair spray through the fan.

Edited by NightroModzz