open 2 state door with a button

benstei21

I am trying to make a garage door with a button on the inside and on the outside. The button will open and close the door. If I open the door from the outside I want to be able to close it from the inside. This is probably a stupid question but I am new to the Creation Kit so.

Since you have "redrocket" tagged, can I assume you're trying to replicate the working garage door at the Red Rocket near Sanctuary? Just open up the Red Rocket cell in the CK and take a look at how that's set up. The door is linked to the button under the Activate Parents tab. Link the door ref to the button, set the delay time and that's pretty much it. Under the Scripts tab of the door you can set some properties like weather the door is open or closed at start. I can't think of a situation where I've done it this way with two buttons so I can't say if it will work with two, but I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't...give it a shot. Something makes me think the two buttons may conflict, but I really can't say for certain never having tried it with two. If that's the case, some scripting might be involved.

You can also pretty much turn anything into a door by setting it up as an "elevator" and linking it to an activator button (or two). It's a little more complicated to set up, but still very easy to do. I've turned some static security fencing into sliding doors for the mod I'm working on now by following this tutorial. This method definitely works with two buttons. Might be worth looking into if the first method doesn't do what you want.

Since you have "redrocket" tagged, can I assume you're trying to replicate the working garage door at the Red Rocket near Sanctuary? Just open up the Red Rocket cell in the CK and take a look at how that's set up. The door is linked to the button under the Activate Parents tab. Link the door ref to the button, set the delay time and that's pretty much it. Under the Scripts tab of the door you can set some properties like weather the door is open or closed at start. I can't think of a situation where I've done it this way with two buttons so I can't say if it will work with two, but I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't...give it a shot. Something makes me think the two buttons may conflict, but I really can't say for certain never having tried it with two. If that's the case, some scripting might be involved.

You can also pretty much turn anything into a door by setting it up as an "elevator" and linking it to an activator button (or two). It's a little more complicated to set up, but still very easy to do. I've turned some static security fencing into sliding doors for the mod I'm working on now by following this tutorial. This method definitely works with two buttons. Might be worth looking into if the first method doesn't do what you want.

It worked. Thanks. BTW I love your videos/playerhomes. Thats where I have learned all about the Creation Kit :)

Cool...glad it worked! I wasn't sure if two buttons would work with the simple method, but good to know it does.

Hope the tutorials have been helpful. If you want some VERY helpful tutorials, I can't say enough good things about

. I've learned something new from each CK video in his playlist. They're definitely worth the time watching.