Redesign Launch - Stage 2 in progress

Dark0ne

Ok. So the way is the old design is completely gone - i definitely will tell all my friends and not so close people to not to pay premium or whatever in nexus for more.

And to those who removed the opportunity to use the old design - please go to ^%$#@ yourself in some bloody-way, and burn in hell please. (or in paradise - if you like).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the bugs I have reported (The 'New' number by Updates tab does not show up at all #471) was assigned, then there was a posting under it that it should be fixed, and it was closed. But it wasn't fixed, and isn't fixed. I posted to that effect under it twice now, with no response. Do I need to submit a new ticket for it again (referring to the previous bug report number, obviously)?

Edit: Oh, and the 'New' number vanishing was the result of the 'fix' for the 'New' number never updating. So this was sort of the second bug report on this subject already.

Edited by Eolhin

"thanks" for killing the option to use old design.

I am now spending 95% less time on the site because of the clunky, hard-to-navigate and plain flat design.

^Great^ job!

In response to post #55252368. #55253008, #55253103, #57250731, #57555331 are all replies on the same post.

Balgin Stondraeg wrote: Personally I can't stand the new site layout. I hope to be able to keep using the old version for as long as it's humanly possible. It's easier to sue, more intuitive and less of an eyesore.
Darnexx wrote: Same.
PziCrow wrote: I agree. This new design is BAD.
bdk112 wrote: I agree. It's ridiculously bad.
TakedaSun wrote: I agree and another think that I don't like are people who push you and try to force you accept any bad idea or design. So much bullying to accept something that isn't great not for all.

strongly agree

In response to post #57554591. #57564051, #57564166 are all replies on the same post.

popay55 wrote:

This new design sucks in every way, it's not practical and it's not functional.
All of you who are responsible for this update, you are reckless and rude for not leaving the old design as a ''choice'', at least a few months until people get their mind and fingers on this awfull new layout.

You've already failed miserably once when you changed the name of this site (from tesnexus to nexusmods) and you practicly ruined all the links everybody in this society shared among themself and on pages and now you're forcing us to use this horrible layout which is even worse.

There's no way this site will ever get a penny out of me.
When you start thinking about your users and modders who decided to use your site instead of other sites then you deserve support but this attitude and patern where you constantly neglect what modders and long time users have to say is not gonna be awarded by me.

Dark0ne wrote:
All of you who are responsible for this update, you are reckless and rude for not leaving the old design as a ''choice'', at least a few months until people get their mind and fingers on this awfull new layout.

That's exactly what we did. If you look, this news article you're posting on was added on November 15th 2017. It's been three months. We actually released the new design for people to "get their minds and fingers on" back in October 2017. So it's definitely been more than "a few months" now.

It's a shame you feel that you need to tell us we'll never "get a penny" from you, when you've downloaded almost 1,000 mods off this site, for free. I think it's very interesting how some people can think.
ross119 wrote: Agree, hate this new layout.....actually reminds me of my childrens game Minecraft all blocky!! please change back to what it was, as was unbroken and much much user friendly. Also atm can you allow us to access the previous way but without having to constantly change to it every time we login!

Dark0ne , then why won't leave old design as a permanent option even if it won't be officially supported?
I've had ZERO issues through the course of past years (other than server downtimes, but this is not affected by site design in any way)

Seriously, I understand that you wanted to refresh the site, make it superior and wasted lots of testing and resources to make it happen, but since you see such a backlash from your fellow users, why not leave them an option to choose from?

It's very stupid for people to say something like "you won't see a penny from me" just because site design was changed, but it's rather stupid to cut a huge chunk of your user base (or make them visit the site rarely) just because you force-fed the new design.

Honestly, I've spent like 1 hour with the new design once it became available as a part of phase 1, and never came back to it, updating all of my links with old. prefixes.

In response to post #57591866.

darksynth0 wrote: "thanks" for killing the option to use old design.
I am now spending 95% less time on the site because of the clunky, hard-to-navigate and plain flat design.
^Great^ job!

This has been my experience as well I use to check this place regularly then all this update crap started and I forgot about it. All this does is open the door for review sites, go there find what's what then come her and download instead of surfing around and getting ad hits. (If the browser allows it)

Funny all this started right as I was ready to go premium. Oh well.