Redesign Launch - Stage 2 in progress

Dark0ne

In response to post #55252338.

JimmyRJump wrote: Am happy so far with the new design. Only thing I'd like to see is our user name top right would be made into a quick-link to our profile and the possibility to add more than eight games to our favourites, like, at least twelve. That's it. The rest isn't as overseeable as the old design, but it's just a matter of getting used to.

Click your avatar icon and it will take you to your profile!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #55252338. #55252428 is also a reply to the same post.

JimmyRJump wrote: Am not too unhappy so far with the new design. Only thing I'd like to see is our user name top right would be made into a quick-link to our profile and the possibility to add more than eight games to our favourites, like, at least twelve. That's it. The rest isn't as overseeable as the old design, but it's just a matter of getting used to.
Dark0ne wrote: Click your avatar icon and it will take you to your profile!

Well whaddayakno... simple as that, eh? :D

Thanks for the info Dark0ne ;)

Okay, what was wrong with the old site layout? No i'm completely dead serious here. The new layout has more empty room then the sea in fallout 4 and shows less information per screen then beth.net. Not to mention that the lighter gray dose not look good at all or that explore all mods the most important thing beside the such bar is hidden away in a easy to miss spot. Edited by blackninja50

I love the new design and have loved it since I saw screenshots of it a year or more ago.

After using it though, I've started noticing something that there's a lot of empty/wasted space with the download files. I'm sure you've already seen people talking about it and the plenty of mock ups for how to fix it on reddit already though. Having them all open by default was a great change.

Maybe it's something I can get used to, it's just that when there's a lot of files, the space adds up. You can only really 3 files on the screen at once, but on the old design you can have like 7 or 8 on the screen at once, which makes comparing options a little easier because you don't have to keep scrolling all the way up and down etc.

The icons could be made smaller, the spacing between lines of text could be smaller and the part that says "Download this file has..." or "Download Safe Report" could be just the icon in the corner that can be hoverd over/clicked on which would make the file displays a lot smaller and efficient on their own. The spacing above and below is just way too much. I can understand having giant text for people who might have troubling seeing small text, but all the spacing between everything is little too much in my personal opinion, but even with the spacing, i think changing the Safe Report thing would be a major improvement alone.

Overall though, the redesign is great.