Heavy Traffic ×

Two Teenage Elven Sister help

Serina25

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, if LOOT destroyed your load order, it means your pre-LOOT load order was already broken. There's no two ways around it. But remember, Don't Panic. Now that LOOT has sorted your mods into the proper location, your save games are probably borked, but not the game itself.

Now you run WryeBash, which will help eliminate the errors caused by finally sorting your mod order. WryeBash is one of the few tools out there that accurately checks the accuracy of LOOT. lol If that makes sense.

You'll most likely get a bunch of errors from orange boxes--don't panic. They are very easily fixed using TESVEdit, and once those are fixed, you should be a lot better off. Besides, it's a learning experience for you since you've never used LOOT before.

Have you cleaned your masters? That's another very critical aspect of Skyrim playing, whether it's Oldrim or SE.

Have you ever perused the STEP site? Another great resource (if nothing else, a list of cool mods you may have never come across and will want to add to your game). It has an INI editing section second-to-none.

I know, I know. It really sucks when you break a game--it happens even to Elianora, I guarantee it. Now, if you can't rescue it for whatever reason, do what I did--make a list of mods that are the same ones you will download over and over for your game. Put them in correct install order per STEP's guidelines (i.e., bug fixes first, then UI mods, then...etc.). Then, when you break your game, you will have your list ready and it will take you half the time because you already know what options you want, where everything goes, and what ini tweaks to made, and you'll be able to repeat it over and over, faster and faster.

You, uh...fail to mention how it broke your game--what kind of errors is LOOT showing?

The more info you give us, the faster and easier we can help you out to get around this.

And rememerber:

161287e215d0839f75f32d69625cd102.gif

:smile:

Edited by twowolves80

Ok i have the mod, hedonism, as you can see in my load order, from loverslab. None of the force greets or surrender events happen anymore, despite the mod saying its active in game. iNeed no longer registers when i have eaten or drank something, so i now no longer have any food or drink. Campfire tents wont load, frostfall says im freezing while almost on top of a fire inside a building. And i dont remember the rest, at work so i cannot check.

Ok i have the mod, hedonism, as you can see in my load order, from loverslab. None of the force greets or surrender events happen anymore, despite the mod saying its active in game. iNeed no longer registers when i have eaten or drank something, so i now no longer have any food or drink. Campfire tents wont load, frostfall says im freezing while almost on top of a fire inside a building. And i dont remember the rest, at work so i cannot check.

So it sounds like scripting is screwed up in--in your save game. The load order stuff is hard-baked into the save. Try using a clean save. I would also try running WryeBash--the orange boxes can and should be fixed. Very easy to do.

I don't think your game was going to stay very stable unless you were using LOOT, Serina. That is one of the tools you have to use to make sure things are set before starting your clean save. So I think this would have happened sooner or later, anyway, though I am sorry it caused you a mess.

First, clean your masters. Update.esm, and all the DLCs. NEVER clean the Skyrim.esm file. Now, Dawnguard, you have to clean twice [insert lengthy technical reason as to why this has to be cleaned twice that I don't fully understand but something about errors being generated when you adopt children if you don't]. Open up TESVEdit. When the box pops up asking you which plugins you want to load, right click and Select None. Then, tick only the Update.esm plugin. Hit Okay. Let it load. When it's done--it will tell you at the bottom in the right panel--right click Update.esm, select Apply Filter For Cleaning. Let it run. When it's done, right click it and select Remove Identical-To-Masters. Let it run. When it's done, right click it and select Undelete and Disable References. Let it run. When it's done, close out and save when prompted. Rinse and repeat for each of the DLCs, Dawnguard twice. Don't do them all at once to try to save time or you will generate errors. You have to do them one at a time.

Then, go to WryeBash, are there are a lot of orange boxes? If so, those aren't missing, they're just not in the order that the mod author had them at the time of creation. Cleaning will instantly make a difference in smoothness--I just did it early on in my save game, so...meh. It's more prone to breakage, but I'm not adding anything further this playthrough unless it's an update or a patch.

Just a risk.

To fix those, you simply open TESVEdit (leave WryeBash open--it will auto update itself once you click on the window when you're done), right-click when it asks which mods you would like to load, Select None. Then, select only the mod that is orange in WryeBash. One at a time. Don't try loading them all at once to cut corners because it can and will cause errors. Skyrim's game engine is like Grandpa's old Buick he kept in the garage--ran really nice and looked great, but don't give it too much gas or it might break. lol

Once it's loaded, then you right click the mod in the left pane, and look down towards the bottom. Sort Masters. It will look like nothing happened. The way you know it did is when you close out--it should prompt you to save. If it doesn't make sure you selected the correct mod. That's it. It will be green in WryeBash.

You do have a clean save, too, right? This basically means (and yes, in a, "it suuuuuucks omg I'm going to kill twowolves that rotten little #$%^..." type of way) you have to sit through the initial intro with zero mods (a clean data folder, in other words). Nothing. Has to be completely vanilla. You do have one of those, right?

*crickets chirp as your glare deepens*

I...see...okay. Well, lucky for you, I have a clean save you can use. Yep. Just throw this in the ol' save file folder, and call it whatever you like, and presto--clean save activated!

It's a mediafire link and if you're concerned about security, just right click it once you download it and select Scan With [insert name of your AV suite--I use BitDefender]. It will show as a character named Sasha the Mouse, I believe.

This should get you started pretty well.

Happy Modding!

:smile:

Edited by twowolves80