Big Burly Nord, Redguard, Imperial, and Orc Males

RoninWoof

Hi, I'm very new to playing with Mods in Skyrim, and I am so grateful for all the mods I have come across that have made Skyrim feel like I'm playing a whole new game. I am loving all the cool custom followers and NPC I have come across on the Nexus. But the one thing that seems to be missing from custom followers and npc in the special edition are tall, and big burly male characters.

All the male characters I find so far are all super pretty boy types. Such as:

58389-1-1436355535.jpg

61181-1-1450747813.png

65830-4-1431451319.jpg

1173-1-1477702267.jpg

Which, they all look AMAZING.... but not exactly the big beefy Warrior or Tank type that I'm looking for that looks closer to the "Mountain" from Game of Thrones.

The closest custom follower I found that fits that burly "non pretty boy with long hair" look is:

8204-17-1486825705.jpg

Of which I made him my "Ranger" Follower.

I found a Body mod on the Nexus, however I didn't wanna go that route, because that changed the body for EVERYONE. I just wanted to have a couple large burly followers and npc to choose from. With Beards and Bald, Crew, or Caesar cuts.

I'd like some Imperials that look like this:

ef13a1b640452ca9a6e19097d10a2c4c--jugger

Some Nords that look like this:

ff7c56b31cd45cd6b30bd748dc238dc6.jpg

Some Redguards that look like:

CXgF4vRWkAAK76j.jpg

And Orcs that look like: (This one is from the Racial body mod I found that changes everyone)

3417-5-1478578452.png

Is anyone willing to make some Followers and NPC from the mentioned races that look more like these guys?

I would make them myself, but like I said, I am COMPLETELY new to mods. Today I just learned how to install SSE mods directly from this site, and not just relying on the Bethesda portal in game. I learned about the creation kit too, and downloaded that as well, but I am not a 3D modeler. I tried following some Tutorials I found that show you how to create a custom follower. However, I only figured out how to make a basic one, that has the basic available Skyrim hair, and such. Yes, I don't even know how to give a follower HAIR from a mod I already downloaded :sad: I tried a few times, because I found a few followers that I love their face but hate the hair choice. So I tried to find tutorials on how to do that. The drop down for the hair, seemed to warp and bend, and not look right. So I know I'm doing something wrong.

If there is someone that can perhaps help? Or help walk me through it? I'd be willing to do all the work that you tell me to do.

What I want to do:

1) Create a few taller, bulkier, beefier Body types for Imperial, Redguard, Orc, and Nords.

2) Make the either Bald, buzzed, or short haired

3) Give them a good male face

4) Give them perks for the classes they will be

I'm not a 3D modeler

I'm not a texture creator

I have 6 Gigs worth of Mods installed and a ton of Texture and Hair mods installed. And is there another resource to import from?

So HOW do I create THIS but with different looks, including race, Height, hair, short or bald, and different facial hair: (Found it on google. It's a Skyrim mod someone did for Vanilla version long ago.)

http://www.nexusmods.com/Images/110/6441881-1427108991.jpg

Is it hard to do? Is it simple?

Edited by RoninWoof

try inigo he's a Kjiet, and may I say a blast to play with, if you have him you don't realy need any other followers. he also has his own built in companion management system and it is not recommended to use a horse management or companion system with him if you read his full description on his download page you will get what I mean. Also Vilja is a good compliment to Inigo as the two mod authers have collaborated to let them interact with each other, Vilja is female but still never the less well worth a try. she also has her own horse so that's also a plus. I also liked Hoth in oldrim a lot not sure if he's made it to newrim yet though.

Feels a bit bad to link my own mod lol but I have one as well. Only way you can get that bulky body you'd want though is with that bodybuilder body. But as you say you don't want it changed for all.

But it is possible to make a follower standalone and have them use that body, provided it works with SE. You can give followers custom skins(ie. bodies) but that doesn't mean they'll have that body when wearing armors from your game unless you also have that body installed. I have done it on a follower of mine and I know one other mod that does it: Narandil. He comes with his own body and armor. Only 1 armor but still. That mod is also the one where I found out that it's possible. I looked at that mod to see how they did it. I could also explain it, might be easier. But anyhow, here's the aforementioned follower mod:

Nib's Male Followers

Might be someone you like in it. It's a WIP and I tend to go more for badass/gritty characters. Or might not show in the mod but that's my personal preference at least. :smile:

The first group image is a bit dated though.

Edited by Niborino9409

@Niborino9409

I actually saw that mod. I was most interested in the big guy on the right. But I disliked their facepaint, and hair. Though I think all 10 of your characters look great.

I HAD worried about if a bigger character was made, would the armor stretch a bit to compensate. If it didn't I kinda would not mind a big Barbarian type with just light headgear, Boots, arm bracers and a Fur studded Cloth. Like that mod in the final pic. I wanted to make some large 2 handed warriors and tanks.

What do you mean exactly by this line: "You can give followers custom skins(ie. bodies) but that doesn't mean they'll have that body when wearing armors from your game unless you also have that body installed."?

You can give followers custom skins/bodies but they won't have that body in armor unless you have the body you gave them installed? :huh: :huh: Do you mean "unless you have that armor FOR that body, installed"?

Or are you saying that if you instal some sort of "body" in the game, then all armor will adjust itself?
Forgive me, I am "completely" new to modding in Skyrim lol.

Narandil is cool, though that guy is for vanilla, and not SSE and the creator seems pretty strict on his options for his story purposes. (ie: he doesn't level with you. No marriage option, won't attack on sight unless he is attacked first, etc)

What is a WIP?

I also did see an Upload someone did that I liked the look of, unfortunate for me, this was a Courier replacement mod, and not a new follower.

nsoj9u5.jpg

He is at least somewhat closer to what I wanted. Though I would prefer him a bit rougher.

I had found this mod called "Tryggr" that looks cool. Unfortunately the modder doesn't know how to properly upload to SSE, and ALL his custom followers have that "grey face" bug thing going on. The modder was alerted to this by several people, but he never bothered to fix any of them.

Even if I could not have a body mod, a bunch of followers to choose from closer to this would have been great. Minus the bad colored skin.

tumblr_oggg0fvAa51rliolxo1_1280.png

Someone also made a follower called Hacihammer and uploaded him to SSE. But Again they didn't upload him right, and he has the Grey face bug. Is that a default body size? Or is that a custom body? He seems pretty beefy. If that is the default body, I'd be fine with that size.

xQBsDkO.jpg

Though I think his body seems to shrink if I put gear on him. Or am I just imagining it?

PswW0hS.jpg

Here are some other looks I like, but they are not uploaded, and also not in SSE

http://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/18820-3-1343307312.jpg

izCorPo.jpg

This last one is from a Nexus upload for Vanilla. A follower names Fjolfr. Unfortunately not for SSE.

40640-1-1378912786.jpg

A mod called "KFollowers" some pretty damn impressive mods. Unfortunate like I said, it's not for SSE. :sad:

Which is such a shame, because Fjolfr is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Any idea how to create him? If I knew how, I'd make a bunch of various kinds, the same way you made 10.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40640/?

How would I go about creating a follower like Fjolfr?

Edited by RoninWoof

@Kregen

I did notice Inigo, he looks cools, has the large body type I was looking for, but unfortunately he is Kjiet. I was looking for Nords, Redguards, Imperials, and Orcs.

I'm currently using a multi follower mod called Amazing Follower Tweaks. And I wanted to create the feel of a RPG party. Currently I'm using the custom followers:

Sofia - The Paladin (Though she doesn't allow me to tweak her spells, stats, or skills with AFT like all the others. Apparently her Vanilla version can be tweaked with something called MCM. But SSE doesn't have that)

skyrim_special_edition_console_mods.jpg

Shandar - The Ranger

8204-17-1486825705.jpg

Aiis - The White Mage

2447919-1461328537.jpg

Taleisin - The Black Mage

549cc845-86f6-402d-8a3c-7576a33040a2_pre

Kellece - The Rogue

79727-2-1477464027.jpg

My own character is a sword wielding battle mage.

And I wanted to round out the party with a couple of 2 hander warriors. Imperials, Orcs, Redguard, or Nords.

I tried Tryggr, and Hacihammer, but as you can see in the previous post, they both are busted.

Fjolfr would have been PERFECT! (Last pic in previous post) Though I would have preferred Body hair, and a Beard.

Edited by RoninWoof

First off, you can fix those that are busted yourself very easily.

Not to fix that in one's own mod is just lazy in my opinion.

HaciHammer is probably on default vanilla max size. He could shrink but since that looks to be the original skyrim body I doubt it. But speaking of bulky armors. Those might be up your alley, they are very bulky armors. And btw, the guy on the right you liked from my mod is on original Skyrim max weight so no extra mods needed for that. :smile:

I HAD worried about if a bigger character was made, would the armor stretch a bit to compensate. If it didn't I kinda would not mind a big Barbarian type with just light headgear, Boots, arm bracers and a Fur studded Cloth. Like that mod in the final pic. I wanted to make some large 2 handed warriors and tanks.

The armor can't stretch. I can use the bodybuilder as example. If the bodybuilder body comes with vanilla armors fitted for it they will keep their bulk, otherwise they will use vanilla armor size.

What do you mean exactly by this line: "You can give followers custom skins(ie. bodies) but that doesn't mean they'll have that body when wearing armors from your game unless you also have that body installed."?

You can give followers custom skins/bodies but they won't have that body in armor unless you have the body you gave them installed? :huh: :huh: Do you mean "unless you have that armor FOR that body, installed"?
Or are you saying that if you instal some sort of "body" in the game, then all armor will adjust itself?

See in spoiler

13016-0-1509235430.jpg

The top image is in my game and the bottom a friend's game. This is my unique follower, in my game she keeps her CBBE bulk but if anyone else uses her she will not keep her bulk. If I give her nordic steel armor in my game she will look the same and keep her body because I use that body in my game. But if my friend below were to give her the same armor(we use different body replacers) she would revert to the body the friend uses. I.e. she would wear what Lydia below wears and become skinner than she is supposed to be. Which is why I shipped a few armors to keep the look in at least a few. Because people use different body mods.

13016-0-1508463667.jpg

What is a WIP?

Work In Progress.

Edited by Niborino9409

You can learn to port mods for personal use. So you can use the followers you want. Keep in mind though that it won't work all the time, but mostly. Alternatively you can track the author bchick, he/she ports followers weekly :smile:

I hope this isn't totally off-topic :happy: But feel free to pm if you get stuck.

These are instructions that I got from bchick, they are in-depth and follow all steps needed.

Step 1: download the mod manually to a non game directory.

Step 2: using nmm install the file manually into your sse profile using the green plus button, then use the green check button like you normally do to install a mod.

Step 3: close nmm (don't run game yet) and navigate to the creation kit exe file. If you have already downloaded the creation kit from Bethesda it should be in your main skyrim se directory. Double click the creation kit exe file to open the creation kit. You Might get some warning but don't worry that's normal, just click yes to all when that happens.

Step 4: once the creation kit is open, click the load button (the yellow folder icon). This will open a window showing all of your installed esp files. Find the esp for the mod you are converting and double click it. This will put an x in the little box next to it. Now click on the button that says make active. Hit ok to load the esp. again you will get a bunch of error warnings but don't worry just say yes to all.

Step 5: now that the esp is loaded use the object window to change something. Doesn't matter what it is because you will change it back before you save the esp. I use a bedroll. What you want to do is double click on the item to open its property window. Now change the name only (not the id) say from bedroll to bedroll1 and click ok. Again you may get error messages but you know the drill by now, just clear them. Now click the save button (the floppy disk icon). Now that you've done that, go back to the item you changed and change it back to what it was originally and click save one more time. Once you've hit ok and saved, you can exit the creation kit, you won't need it anymore. Btw make sure you are using the 64 bit version of the creation kit. Another note to be aware of is that sometimes when I exit the creation kit it will say there is a problem and needs to close. Not sure why but it saves the esp just fine as long as you hit the save button before exiting.

Step 6: now navigate to your sse data folder and locate your esp that you just converted(re-saved) and copy it to a non game folder

Step 7: go back into nmm and completely uninstall the mod from sse profile just like you would any other mod. The whole purpose of all the steps up till now is to convert the esp to sse format.

Step 8: now go to the non game folder where you downloaded the mod install file and extract using 7zip (I use the option to extract to a folder with same name as the install zip, but you don't have to). Next, replace the old esp from the extracted files with the one you just converted.

Step 9: if the extracted files are all loose files, great. If not you will need a bsa extractor tool to do it since sse can't read bsa from oldrim mods. Once all the files are in loose format, download a tool called sse nif optimizer (it's on the nexus I think) and extract it into another non game folder. Does not matter where. Next we are going to fix the meshes to work nice with sse.

Step 10: double click the SSE NIF Optimizer exe to start the tool. For this first part we are going to fix only the face gen meshes so in options click on include subdirectories and head parts only. It is very important to only use this second option for the face gen. Use the file locator at the top and navigate to the loose files folder where the facegen meshes are (data/meshes/actors/character/facegen) and highlight the facegen folder. Click on ok to run the tool. Once it's done, close the tool and read the txt file generated if you want to see what changes it made. Next open the optimizer again and BE SURE to uncheck the head parts only box. We are going to fix the rest of the meshes now. Navigate the tool to the top level meshes directory (data/meshes) and. CLick on meshes folder and click ok to run the tool. Ps, I recommend you use this optimizer away from the main games directory so you don't inadvertently screw up your other game files. Plus you need to be in a different directory anyway for the last steps. Again be very certain to uncheck the head parts only box for this step. Btw you can't reverse the order, or the head meshes will be ignored by the tool since it thinks it's already fixed. Ok once that is completed you can exit the optimizer tool.

Step 11: now if you have any animation files you will need to convert them as well, when you downloaded and installed the creation kit it also downloaded a havoc converter exe into the tools folder in your main sse game folder. Copy this exe file into the loose files folder from before where your animation files are. You can use windows console command following the readme or if you are lazy like me just download a bat file to do it. There's one on the sse nexus. Once you have both those files in the proper animation directory just double click the bat file and it will convert them into sse format. You can then delete the havoc exe and the bat file if you want. Almost done now.

Step 12: now that all of your loose files are ready for sse use 7zip tool to compress them back to an archive that nmm will be able to use. I usually keep the original nam with convertedtosse at the end so I can tell which one is for sse only.

Step 13: open up nmm and and load your converted mod using the green plus symbol and then use the green check symbol to load like any other mod. That's it, enjoy. Ps mods that requires skse or high heels esm probably won't work no matter what you do

Short general use version: You need to resave Oldrim .esp's in the new 64-bit CK and optimize/update the meshes(armors, body etc etc).

And as an added bonus, I do want more followers in my mod so I could do a badass bulky warrior I suppose(that's what I like prefer too so :tongue:), and put him in there, but also make him standalone so you're not stuck with a bunch of guys you're not happy with lol.

Might be a bit too much info at once but if I were you I'd focus on creating my own followers. That's the most fun and rewarding thing in my opinion :smile:

Edited by Niborino9409

@Niborino

I'll try the face pic soon, see if it works for me.

And OMG thank you!!! It took me a while, but after following each step I got the mod to work in SSE. Those followers are amazing.

Though Fjolfr turned out to be way shorter than I thought he'd be lol.

Is there a way I can Edit another person's custom follower in my own game? Change his height? play with the body sliders? Change his hair, and scars and paint?

HXXMFi5.jpg

His body proportions on the mod page is also very different. So this must be what you were talking about with the thing you called CBBE? So CBBE stands for "Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Edition" which is a game wide body mod and not character specific. Then there is another body mod called UNP that stands for UnPretend?
From what I was able to read, CBBE is required if you want big boobs on ladies and Big bulges on men, as well as giant giant crazy muscles?

And UNP is if you want more real proportions?

Now, I'm, not super concerned by Big boobs or bulges, not even concerned with showing lots of skin. If I could find a large body, body mod, and a great set of armor to go with it, I'd shoot for that. So which one do you think he is using here? I think the only things I've installed so far are texture mods.

kA8ppsp.jpg

I even noticed a difference in the look of the Iron Armor. I scrolled down to the bottom of the Kfollwers page, and he lists all the mods he used. I'm gonna try to download a few of the Armors and items and convert them to SSE using the instructions you outlined.

I had previously thought the body mods were just character specific when you installed mods.
Because When I downloaded Sofia, she came looking like this:

f1tjooB.jpg

I never paid tooooo much attention to the standard nude bodies, but I had just assumed her mod came with a body mod for her. Or is this the default female in game body?

And when I downloaded Kellece, she is actually COMPLETELY nude, with pubic hair. So I assumed another body mod.

The guy in KFollowers thanked BOTH UNP and CBBE for his follower mods. So they can coexist and be character specific?

Edited by RoninWoof

Okay, let's see.

Though Fjolfr turned out to be way shorter than I thought he'd be lol.

I'm also surpised by that haha!

Is there a way I can Edit another person's custom follower in my own game? Change his height? play with the body sliders? Change his hair, and scars and paint?

Yeah, you mentioned that you had done a tutorial that yielded a basic follower, the ones you have shown are created the same way. Creation Kit. But editing other people's followers is only done for your own use, it's nothing you can share unless the author states so in their permissions on their mod page.

His body proportions on the mod page is also very different. So this must be what you were talking about with the thing you called CBBE? So CBBE stands for "Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Edition" which is a game wide body mod and not character specific.

Yup.

Then there is another body mod called UNP that stands for UnPretend?

I am not sure what it stands for but I think it's something like Unified something something. But it's also a body mod. Only for women.

From what I was able to read, CBBE is required if you want big boobs on ladies and Big bulges on men, as well as giant giant crazy muscles?
And UNP is if you want more real proportions?

CBBE or UNP are only for women, so that male follower does not use those. If you go to my images that I linked in the spoiler, both the red head and Lydia uses CBBE. So it's not only for big melons and butts. It's only limited by your imagination. CBBE is highly customizable through programs that come with the mod. Those programs can be used for UNP too but I have only messed with CBBE there.

Now, I'm, not super concerned by Big boobs or bulges, not even concerned with showing lots of skin. If I could find a large body, body mod, and a great set of armor to go with it, I'd shoot for that. So which one do you think he is using here? I think the only things I've installed so far are texture mods.

I am not sure if the bodies that exist for Oldrim would work on SE, but the only thing I know of for sure are an increased muscularity normal map:

More Muscular Men texture normals

I even noticed a difference in the look of the Iron Armor. I scrolled down to the bottom of the Kfollwers page, and he lists all the mods he used.

The iron pauldron follower uses different textures on the left picture compared to yours. The body looks to be totally different almost but it could be just a texture too. But I am not sure. The rightmost guy in my follower mod, for him and all of them I use Tempered Skins for Men which comes with a ripped normal map. That's the one they use on the images in my follower mod, and also what I use in my game.

I had previously thought the body mods were just character specific when you installed mods.
Because When I downloaded Sofia, she came looking like this:
I never paid tooooo much attention to the standard nude bodies, but I had just assumed her mod came with a body mod for her. Or is this the default female in game body?
And when I downloaded Kellece, she is actually COMPLETELY nude, with pubic hair. So I assumed another body mod.

I don't know if that is the vanilla one, could be, just with edited underwear. Body mods are generally installed for all races in the game but can be used only for a follower. But it's a bit tricky if you have never done it before. The Narandil follower I linked earlier and mine, Celia, uses their own custom bodies. So when undressed they use that body instead of whatever you have in your game. In Narandil's case it's a robe and on mine I use a roughspun tunic. But can also be switched out for a naked body if you want that, as you saw with Kellece.

The guy in KFollowers thanked BOTH UNP and CBBE for his follower mods. So they can coexist and be character specific?

Maybe not in the same game, but I took a quick look at the mod page and it says they were used in some of the follower's armors.

And lastly, it's only for khajiits but it's probably something you're interested in:

Muscular Khajiit Textures

END

God, that was a lot of writing. But it's fun to help. :laugh: :sweat:

Maybe we should rename this thread into a follower knowledge base/tutorial soon rofl :huh: :wacko: :cool:

Edited by Niborino9409