Xervain

So here is the thing

When I am building on my settlements, I want it to feel as alive as I can make it. What bothers me a bit is that Bethesda only includes 6 types of vendors avalable in settlements, while leaving other specialized traders either roaming the commonwealth or over at Diamond city. Because of that I can only make a few stores avalable at my settlements. What if I want someone in my settlement who only sells power armor parts, or clothing and drinks from Nuka-World? And why is not anyone willing to sell their brahmin? I would make this mod myself, but I don't have time to do so, or any experience with the cration kit at all.

That is why I want someone to make a mod that adds more vendors to your game, both in settlements and elsewhere. They could use the vanilla store counters, have their own unique counters and/or use a floor mat as a marker. It would really help making the game feel more alive, and let players have more creative freedom over what type of stores they want in their settlement.

So here is a couple of ideas I have for new merchants around the Commonwealth/Island/Theme park

New settlement vendors:

• Butcher (sells Meat)
  • Fisher (sells fish and mirelurk meat) [Can be both DLC and vanilla]
  • Trash vendor (sells junk and components)
  • Junkie (sells addictive chems, such as jet, psycho and buffout)
  • Heavy armorer (sells power armor)
  • Heavy weapons merchant (sells heavy weapons and ammo)
  • Vault merchant (sells pre-war items, vault security armor and other things you would usually find in a vault)
  • Combattant (sells melee weapons)
  • Vim vendor [DLC Far Harbor] (sells Vim, obviously)
  • Nuka-Cola Collector [DLC Nuka-World] (sells Nuka-Cola related products, anything from drinks to clothes)

New traveling/encountered merchants:

• Mac, and his dog Beth (a traveling super mutant & mutant hound who sells drinks, milk included)
  • A gunner merchant (sells military weaponry and armor)
  • Merchants who sells Brahmin, that can be sendt to a settlement and produse 5 food each. 1 per settlement
  • A evicted vault dweller (sells weapons, vault security armor and other items)
  • [DLC Far Harbor] A traveling diciple of Atom who sells weapons "spawned" by Atom himself (sells radium rifles, gamma guns, mini nukes and other radioactive-related things. Can sell weapons with the Irradiated effect)
  • [DLC Nuka-World] a retired raider who used to work for Colter (sells raider themed items)

Of course these are just some of the ideas I have in my head. Feel free to add your own vendors/merchants to this aswell.

I know there are a few mods that add something simmilar to this, but I think having more vendors avalable would make settlements come more alive then ever!

Edited by Xervain

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With the exception of vault merchant,a ll of these things are sold at the 1 of 6 vendors

And vault merchants should be.... you know..... in a vault

I think OP wants to be more specialized vendors, instead of the generic 6. Or just grouped by common sense?

For example, the butcher could sell not only meat, but also bone and leather. Also tools like cleavers and meat hooks. Then you could have a chemist who sells chems, obviously, but also things like soap, glue, oil, acid, and lab equipment like microscopes and bunsen burners.

And the "vault merchant" could be something Vault88-only, that is, not buildable anywhere else. Or locked by some "this is a vault" keyword, if there is any.

Js

With the exception of vault merchant,a ll of these things are sold at the 1 of 6 vendors

And vault merchants should be.... you know..... in a vault

I think OP wants to be more specialized vendors, instead of the generic 6. Or just grouped by common sense?

For example, the butcher could sell not only meat, but also bone and leather. Also tools like cleavers and meat hooks. Then you could have a chemist who sells chems, obviously, but also things like soap, glue, oil, acid, and lab equipment like microscopes and bunsen burners.

And the "vault merchant" could be something Vault88-only, that is, not buildable anywhere else. Or locked by some "this is a vault" keyword, if there is any.

Just seems like a lot of work regrouping, renaming, and re-texturing vendors, all for no utility at all.Like, what is the practical purpose for this mod outside "muh immersion!". It doesnt add or do anything to the game, and the immersion factor is minimal in this case, as generaal vendors are more likely in a SHTF scenario like fallout than specialized ones....