Storeing PA stations, crafting benches in the workbench, scrap all

FawnDew

so I rather like using the scrapall command but sadly this scraps my PA station, and other crafting benches, so while there may be a mod out there that lets one do this, I unfortunately apparently suck at search terms and can't FIND it, I want to be able to pick up and store all the crafting benches in my workbench, so when I use the command, they aren't scrapped and I can place them back down without worry of not yet having the required perks to do so. I don't know modding, so I really don't know how complex this would be but it would be highly appreciated as I quite like to play with the settlement stuff, but I hate scrapping every tiny thing and hate missing things when I am scrapping all the things

Edited by FawnDew

Not sure I understand. Once you have access to a workbench, hit your button or hot key if using a keyboard and enter workshop mode, go to these other benches and line your aim point at that workbench. It doesn't matter if its weapons, chemistry, armor or just a cooking fire, you get a popup with options to scrap, store or repair the bench, hit the store button. This works on some furniture and a few other things. Once you have stored the things you want to keep THEN do the scrapall command. You can then use the workbench to unstore your armor bench or what ever. It's a bit of work, but not like as much as scrapping everything by hand.

mine don't give me the option to store, only to scrap them unless you have specific perks I belive. But the problem is you open the first settlement up before you have said perks, and thus, if you use scrapall, they get scrapped. Basically, I want them to be storeable, without those perks needing to be required

You shouldn't need any perks to store or scrap items. When you reach Sanctuary you can go straight to the red workbench and use it. I play on PC and use an xbox controller, PS3 and 4 controllers have different button lables, but they perform the same functions. In Sanctuary if you stand in front of the workbench and face or highlight it, you get a popup that says enter workbench (button A) or transfer items (button X). If you hit button A on xbox controller or X button on playstation controller it puts you in build mode. You can then turn around and face the Power Armor workbench or the chemistry workbench to the left of it. If you are close enough you get several options, the first is the scrap button which is the X button on xbox controller or the square button on playstation controller, if you hit that button it says it will scrap item, you then have to confirm the scrap command button A on xbox, button X on playstation or cancel, button B on xbox, button O on playstation. Or you can choose to store item which is the A button on xbox or the X button on playstation, again you either confirm or cancel your choice. When in workshop mode and you want to place an object, it you stored that item, it will not cost you any components regardless of what screen says, this will continue untill stored items are all placed, then building that piece will cost you components. If you don't see these choices you need to contact Bethesda support to correct this problem. This is not an issue for anyone else from what I've read. I Sincerely hope this helps you solve your problem. NOTE: these workbenches will not transfer between settlements when you finally establish trade routes.

• 3 weeks later...
I assume tha âscrapallâ is a console command? I have never tried to do something like this in the console before, but you could try writing a batch file script to do this for you. Get the ref #âs for all your craftin benches, and try using a command (if it exists) that allows you to store an item in a container (the workshop workbench) for each crafting workbench before firing off your scrapall. If you can figure it out, and you want to be really clever, then you can also grab their positions and orientations and place them back from the workbench after the scrapall command is fired off. Itâs an interesting idea. I may have to try this when I have the time to play again.