Floating Item When Dropping

Haladoon

So I made a mod that adds a mesh I found in the Bethesda folder that I never saw in game and I used it for this mod I'm making. II created it to be an alchemy ingredient, everything is fine, but the issue is when I go to drop it, it floats in the air and cannot be interacted with whatsoever. I know this is an issue with the nif file. I even made an activator thinking it would fix it, but I'm more of a texture creator then anything and even went to watch tutorials that achieve the opposite of what I'm trying to do. Havok to Static. I need Static to Havok. I went in nifskope and tried to copy data from one mesh to this one, but I can't seem to create gravity on the object. If anyone on here has skill in Nifskope or making static floating nif items to Havok interactable items. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I really want to add this mod for immersion.

OR, if anyone knows how to make it to where the item vanishes when dropped and shows a message that says something like: "The bug you dropped crawled away" That would also be really cool if it is easier to do!

Thank you so much! :ohdear:

meshes-actors-draugr-draugrmalestatic.nif

Thing is...it's a beetle. Unless somewhere along the way I went to fallout and replaced the nif. I don't know why I would have done that though. xD IF you have something else on your end, let me know. Because if it isn't a beetle for you, I can't use it.

I donno! It's so strange. But I used it. It was exactly what I needed, the only issue is the nif is almost barren. Not many properties. Almost like they scrapped the idea. If I can get this to work, I'll be able to reintroduce it into the game.

And you tried copying it into another ingredient nif? I'm no pro at this but I'm thinking if you can delete the mesh itself and paste that instead and thus keep the collision box and stuff. But probably isn't that easy :/

Edited by Niborino9409

Ya, I tried it, but I am almost certain im not doing it right. I'm just gonna have to keep at it. The mod itself works great...as long as nobody drops the items xD There isn't really a need to drop them, I just did it for testing and I know some people would get picky about that.