NW Nexus has no "Cheats and God Items" section

bradleypariah

Is NW2 incompatible with the types of mods that would warrant a "Cheats and God Items" category? I would love just one overpowered weapon for that game.

I already know how to turn on the console, go in to debug mode, and then just be in "God Mode", but I don't want that; the challenge gets completely stripped away. I just want an upper hand in some of the battles that frustrate me too much.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your time. :-)

~Bradley

I wouldn't say it's incompatible, but have you tried using the crafting system to add enchantments to your gear, or make better gear?

I haven't paid attention to any overpowered weapon mods, though maybe someone else can help with that. However, there are some trainer mods that you can use to automatically level up a character, which will also give you more gold, which you can use to buy more powerful weapons that aren't for sale to lower level characters. The trainers are intended for use in creating characters of an appropriate level for a module that expects a certain level. You can always start a game with an existing, higher-level character that you've created and exported.

Edited by Tchos

There are numerous ways to "cheat" in NWN2. I actually do it all the time to test modules. First and foremost, you can use the console commands to do all sorts of stuff. You can also create any kind of item you want in the toolset, and save it directly to your override folder, allowing you to spawn it in via the console commands. You can also use a premade leveling module to make your character however you like and then save it off to your local vault for later use.

People generally don't upload "god items" to the community, since it is so easy just to make your own. My suggestion is to just make yourself some items in the toolset and save them to your override folder. That way you have complete control over how powerful you want to get.

To be frank, however, the official campaigns are so easy that after a little crafting you don't need to use any of the above methods.

Edited by MokahTGS

Plus, I can't remember the exact command, but I recall there's a command that gives you not only an insanely powerful sword, but an insanely powerful katana that boosts your stats by crazy amounts.

So it doesn't just do a lot of damage, it gives you enough stats to do A LOT of damage with it.

And it's vanilla, so I don't understand why you would even need any new 'god items'.

Plus there's all of those DM commands, influence commands, etc...

What you could do is open up the toolset and go into the items section of the blueprints look for weapons then select one that seems to do what you want and write down the resref then using the console type in giveitem your items resref ,hit the enter exit the console and off you go ready equipped.

If you can't see the complete resref ( it might be called template in the properties I forget now ) go to the top left hit the file tab, then new, then area, select small and name it then you'lll have a green area in front of you. Click the weapon you want and click it down on the green area, select the properties tab and scroll through them until you find what you need to do.

Edited by Tsongo

irolltwenties

Gives you massive stat boosts, an awesome sword, and stops you levelling.

God enough for you?

Hahaha. A little *too God actually. I simply want a strong weapon I can put away when I want the challenge to return.

I don't want to cheat ALL the time. So far, after 40+ hours, I've only wanted to cheat twice. I was getting frustrated.

Typing in the console is annoying.

Causing permanent overpowering boosts to my character is too drastic.

I appreciate everyone's responses. I don't know what "toolsets" are, I can Google it, but I just wanted a file for a weapon I could use/sheathe at will. This game is remarkably similar to Dragon Age IMO, and I found having a single over-powered weapon in my inventory was a much more elegant way of solving my frustrations.

I'll do some more Google searching and come back with some smarter questions.

Right click the NWN2 icon and select toolset and off you go you'll see the blueprints tab and the items bit shows all the stuff available with their codes ( the tag is useless for giving items it's the resref you need )

Here are a few longswords that you can use with the console just type in giveitem followed by a space and the following resref...

nw_wswmls002 for a +1

nw_wswmls010 for a +2

nw_wswmls012 for a +3

x0_wswmls001 for a +4

x0_wswmls002 for a +5

nx1_dream_longsword for a +6 with extra stuff

Happy slashing !