Glowing Sea Settlement

Edsh0t

I have been looking around and there are several mods that allow you to create a settlement in the Glowing Sea, however a few seem abandoned, and others seem to create all kinds of bugs, so I'd like to ask, which one do you guys believe is the best mod to achieve this?

Relay Site Alpha is very good for a larger real estate mod.

Glowtopia is alright but has a little funkier set up with a small outside footprint and 2 interior cells.

There may be others but I find I like Relay Site Alpha the best. Big build area, and a nice site for ghoul settlers or a nice settlement for settlers wearing Nuka Girl costumes.

And why would you wanna to make a settlement in the middle of radioactive desert?

Doing a Children of Atom run. I don't mind having to place every settler in a hazmat suit to do it, it will make it possible for me to use the Gamma Repeater from Church of Atom Overhaul

Relay Site Alpha is very good for a larger real estate mod.

Glowtopia is alright but has a little funkier set up with a small outside footprint and 2 interior cells.

There may be others but I find I like Relay Site Alpha the best. Big build area, and a nice site for ghoul settlers or a nice settlement for settlers wearing Nuka Girl costumes.

Thanks!

There is a mod with several custom settlements, including Sentinel site, but I haven't tested yet, cause I focused on modding. I'm planning to use as many custom settlement mods as I can, so I'm also interested in mods that add settlements at Glowing Sea. I'm not sure if this mod will be compatible with South of the Sea.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12534/?

And I higly recommend Conquest, it can be used to build everywhere, just backup your saves, cause if you build too close to a resetting cell (mostly quest-related locations, so in Glowing Sea it could be the Crater of Atom) may result in disappearing of the settlement after a couple of days (there's no way to fix it).

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12511/?

I think Glowing Sea it's a good place for a settlement, at least to for a hideout to stash the loot. Or for a farm for ghouls, they could plant ash blossom or fungus (there probably is a mod which adds custom plants, even if there isn't it's easy to make).

There is a mod with several custom settlements, including Sentinel site, but I haven't tested yet, cause I focused on modding. I'm planning to use as many custom settlement mods as I can, so I'm also interested in mods that add settlements at Glowing Sea. I'm not sure if this mod will be compatible with South of the Sea.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12534/?

And I higly recommend Conquest, it can be used to build everywhere, just backup your saves, cause if you build too close to a resetting cell (mostly quest-related locations, so in Glowing Sea it could be the Crater of Atom) may result in disappearing of the settlement after a couple of days (there's no way to fix it).

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12511/?

I think Glowing Sea it's a good place for a settlement, at least to for a hideout to stash the loot. Or for a farm for ghouls, they could plant ash blossom or fungus (there probably is a mod which adds custom plants, even if there isn't it's easy to make).

Symbiotic Settlements does add those pants. Thanks for the suggestions, and I read about Conquest, but the bug list is...long, and it doens't seem to have had support in a while.

Glowtopia or ghoul-opolis is pretty awesome.

it's got a real 'den of evil ' feel about it.

there's also Red Rocket Player Homes which add 3 red-rocket settlement areas in or around the glowing seas.

with transfer settlements, sim settlements, build anywhere, any-door-to-anywhere,

and new lands mods, you can make quite a connected settlement out there,

which connects to places via the UnderBoston...

thanks to JetSteele and Ruadhan2300, you could also just teleportal direct site-to-site,

without even needing to transit there.

I station Preston Garvey out there. hehe.

He seems unaffected by the rads, almost like he's a mutie.

that means he can cover a lot of ground, without needing bulky apparatus like power armor.

It's also a refuge for the benign children of atom etc.

so what if they want to bask in Atom's Glow? who are they harming?

they're like rad-sponges, soaking up the rads and leaving behind pristine wasteland.

rumors abound in "The Enclave Returns" mod, that there's a large hidden enclave facility out there in the wastes...

mutie-enclave? how would that pan out...

hint; there's a former hidden Enclave Vertibird Refueling Redoubt/dump in the bottom of 'crater lake'.

The rads are a great source of free power and keep a lot of the other pesky factions at bay.

that, and it's a natural barrier to the 'theta-tan realm'; those rad-ghosts hate the glowing wastes hehe.

-----

Every year, a lot of ghouls from Goodneighbor and The Slog make the arduous pilgrimage to

"Ghoul-topia" to play canasta and bet on stuff, like who'll turn into a glowing one/feral first, etc.

it's a way they all get to make a family reunion,

and keeps the ghoul-economy thriving.

They come back with a healthy glow, having day-tanned in the radlight.

their 'disco rave' is the stuff of legend, like something out of neuromancer or something.

Glowtopia or ghoul-opolis is pretty awesome.

it's got a real 'den of evil ' feel about it.

there's also Red Rocket Player Homes which add 3 red-rocket settlement areas in or around the glowing seas.

with transfer settlements, sim settlements, build anywhere, any-door-to-anywhere,

and new lands mods, you can make quite a connected settlement out there,

which connects to places via the UnderBoston...

thanks to JetSteele and Ruadhan2300, you could also just teleportal direct site-to-site,

without even needing to transit there.

I station Preston Garvey out there. hehe.

He seems unaffected by the rads, almost like he's a mutie.

that means he can cover a lot of ground, without needing bulky apparatus like power armor.

It's also a refuge for the benign children of atom etc.

so what if they want to bask in Atom's Glow? who are they harming?

they're like rad-sponges, soaking up the rads and leaving behind pristine wasteland.

rumors abound in "The Enclave Returns" mod, that there's a large hidden enclave facility out there in the wastes...

mutie-enclave? how would that pan out...

hint; there's a former hidden Enclave Vertibird Refueling Redoubt/dump in the bottom of 'crater lake'.

The rads are a great source of free power and keep a lot of the other pesky factions at bay.

that, and it's a natural barrier to the 'theta-tan realm'; those rad-ghosts hate the glowing wastes hehe.

-----

Every year, a lot of ghouls from Goodneighbor and The Slog make the arduous pilgrimage to

"Ghoul-topia" to play canasta and bet on stuff, like who'll turn into a glowing one/feral first, etc.

it's a way they all get to make a family reunion,

and keeps the ghoul-economy thriving.

They come back with a healthy glow, having day-tanned in the radlight.

their 'disco rave' is the stuff of legend, like something out of neuromancer or something.

Hmmm I'll look into those. as well...might have bitten of more than I can chew if I keep installing all these settlement mods.

just wanted to add that conquest is pretty damn stable, I've never had any problems with it, besides the respawn ing cells, and that was only once long ago. the list of bugs is beca use chesko got sick of modding fallout 4 at least a year ago. at least some of those bugs are most likely user error or mod conflicts, aND for how long ago he stopped supporting the mod, the fact that many people still use it says quite a bit about its stability, in my opinion