Weapons of Fate, projectile velocity boost based on weapon range

abborre

So, I though Weapons of Fate (Ballistics Overhaul) by Seb263 was pretty cool, although I have an idea of an addition that could make it even better.

What if the range statistic of your weapon gave you a boost to the projectile speed of your weapon? That way you could get pretty, slow-moving, visible rounds for short-range weapons where the projectile velocity doesn't matter as much, but long-range weapons such as a hunting rifle would have much less latency before the projectile reached its target, making it easier to use for precision shots, which would be convenient.

Aside from being convenient, this would also give an incentive for non-V.A.T.S. players to prioritize giving their weapons upgrades that increases range, such as long barrels, and going without muzzle mods, because having high range on a weapon could now be useful both in V.A.T.S. as well as outside of it, since it's easier to hit with faster projectiles, so it could be seen as a way to improve game balance.

I imagine this would be in the form of a kind of patch or add-on to the Weapons of Fate mod, and I suspect it wouldn't be extremely difficult to make, although I could be wrong.

Anyway, thanks for reading and perhaps considering my idea.