Starting a new game using mods

valdroid

firstly i'd build a good base to start from. this guide explains it in detail with pictures up through section 3. then here's a guide to setting up your configuration files. then there are 3 main things which i find to be absolute requirements for a crash-free game: crash fixes, project optimization, and enboost. there may be some configuration required so you'll have to do some reading and possibly search for more info on the web.

from there, stability depends on how careful you are when installing mods. it can be as time consuming as you make it, and the more time you spend the better off you'll be but mods can be a lot of work. i individually resize modded textures using ordenator depending on the screen space they take up. any time i add a mod, i use tes5edit to look through the records and check for conflicts. both require some research to use, and both can mess things up if you aren't careful. as far as stability is concerned, however, they're the best tools available and your effort will be directly rewarded by the quality of your modded game.

if you have any questions about this stuff or want recommendations for survival mods, i'm happy to help.

Edited by ymf331