GECK : Error creating SCOL

skittered

It's likely I'm missing something basic, but I can't figure it out.

I broke apart a static vanilla model in Blender, and created a few new pieces, so I could build some custom shelving in the GECK.

There are 100 pieces so far and they all share the same texture. I've tried grouping them into a static collection and it'll output the collision mesh properly, but not the models themselves.

It throws this error for each of the 6 unique pieces ... the shelf panel, 3 different pegs, and two posts ..

" AV Object 'ShelfPanel' with no shader property was found in scene graph. This object will be skipped. "

It'd be a major headache reliever if someone could tell me what I'm missing.

Edited by skittered

Does it show the texture on those pieces in geck?

Try looking at it in Nifskope as well. Check each object within the problem .nifs for something like BsshaderPPlightingproperty (the name might be slightly different, because I'm not directly looking at one right now). If you UV'd it yourself, it's easy to forget to select the texture in the UV editor window, especially if you kept the texture pinned to make it easier to do the UV mapping.

The pieces are fully textured and appear correctly in the geck and in game.

The geck just throws the previously mentioned error when trying to group the custom pieces into a SCOL.

I've inspected the nifs as thoroughly as I can, including comparing them to some default statics that I've grouped into a SCOL.

Short of some integer data that doesn't seem to mean much, and the shape and texture data, they're basically identical in every other way they can be.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, either no one knows of a solution or no one else has ever had that problem .. and I have no idea .. blah ..

While I'm here, here's another stupid one I can't figure out ..

I've got a new bed, copied a furniture marker from a vanilla nif.

Looks good in nifskope.

Open the geck create a new record, point it at my nif, place it in my cell, all looks good.

Save my file, close the geck.

Re-open the geck, it seems to load fine.

Try to load the cell with the new bed in it, it freezes.

Close, re-open.

Try to edit or preview the record in the geck, it freezes.

Close the geck, delete the record from the file, reopen the Geck, make a new record, place it, save it, all looks good.

Close the geck, open it again, same blinkin thing ..

.. edit .. and a twist .. F03Edit, point the record at a vanilla nif .. same result ..

..EDIT .. apparently furniture doesn't like being saved with alternate texture sets .. oy ..

.. anyway would still like to know if someone has an idea why the SCOL might error like that.

Edited by skittered

• 4 weeks later...