FNIS Error (76)

mitchelleatskitties

have you tried extracting the compressed scripts in the real skyrim directory?

Let me try and make this a little easier. Here is the warning I get in Mod Organizer.

Files in the Overwrite mod are are usually files created by an external tool (i.e. Wrye Bash, Automatic Variants, ...).

It is advisable you empty the Overwrite directory by moving those files to an existing mod. You can do this by double-clicking the Overwrite mod and use drag&drop to move the files to a mod.

Alternatively, right-click on Overwrite and create a new regular mod from the files there.

Why is this necessary? Generated files may depend on the other mods active in a profile and may thus be incompatible with a different profile (i.e. bashed patches from Wrye Bash). On the other hand the file may be necessary in all profiles (i.e. dlc esms after cleaning with TESVEdit)

This can NOT be automated you HAVE to read up on the tools you use and make an educated decision.

And the error (76) in FNIS generator as well.

ERROR(76): Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\scripts\FNIS_aa2.pex'.

I tried moving the FNIS_aa2.pex into the direct skyrim script folder and FNIS stopped the error but I still have the warning in Mod Organizer and my game crashes whenever I go to a location in the game.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello I just came upon this post while having the problem for me it couldn't find the temporary logs folder so I deleted the folder and made a new one with the exact name it couldn't find that solved my problem

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I just came upon this post while having the problem for me it couldn't find the temporary logs folder so I deleted the folder and made a new one with the exact name it couldn't find that solved my problem

yo thanks dude this worked