• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

debisib

debisib

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I have the Mod Manager... and while the plugin list has stayed in tact, the mod list has vanished and is now blank. Not only can I not see updates now but I also can't delete the ones I don't want. Can someone please help me!?!?

PS. Does anyone know why Draugr and vampires are not attacking me anymore? They will become hostile only after I hit them... otherwise they let me an Janessa roam freely.

Fonger

Fonger

Phantom Parot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,031 posts
if your mod list vanished

then the folder that NMM uses to store your mod list

has been deleted

debisib

debisib

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
That's what I thought, but the mods are still applied to the game. If they were deleted then wouldn't the mods be gone?

Fonger

Fonger

Phantom Parot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,031 posts
the game's data folder is where the applied files are kept

its still there

but the folder where NMM keeps its files being blown

would mean that NMM has no idea what was applied or not and it would not know how to remove them

or in other words

if you cut off your right hand

your left hand still functions

Edited by Fonger, 17 March 2012 - 04:47 PM.

tunaisafish

tunaisafish

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 641 posts
This was crossposted to Skyrim Mod Troubleshooting
No sense lots of people asking the same Q's.

How did you install them?
What list are you talking about?
Have you checked your Data folder?

NMM is what I used. The plugin list still shows up, but the mod list is gone. For example, I have sexy whiterun mod installed through NMM but it doesn't show it on the list. However, when i play the game, Whiterun is still sexy. Then, in my data folder under program files 86/steam/steam apps/common/skyrim shows all of my mods that also installed as plugins, mostly from steam, but the ones that were only listed on the mod list are no where to be found... but still work in game.

I really need to delete these mods.

If it were me, I'd go on a trigger-happy deleting spree in the Skyrim folder and subfolders, and leave the obvious base game files like the exe's and huge BSA files. Then I'd verify cache files on Steam. But maybe someone here has better advice.

Fonger

Fonger

Phantom Parot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,031 posts
this could be a simple UAC issue too

imagine that Steam is installed into the infested directory

when NMM is installed it likes to put its mod folder into the game directory

therefore it would also be inside the cursed UAC dominated directory

then one day UAC wakes up and decides its megalomania should shine

so it deletes (or stops shadowing) things that it doesn't think belong in its kingdom

so it vaporizes the mod folder

now doesn't that sound like something UAC actually would do just to be annoying

debisib

debisib

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hmmm... well I don't know much about this stuff, but that doesn't sound good. Would there be a way around that just so I could get them out of my game?

Fonger

Fonger

Phantom Parot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,031 posts

Hmmm... well I don't know much about this stuff, but that doesn't sound good. Would there be a way around that just so I could get them out of my game?

well

you could read the steam forms on moving either your entire steam install or the game folder out of the cursed directory

then re-install NMM using the new location

Basil_oz

Basil_oz

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 63 posts
I don't know. Maybe this is a bit too simplistic but wouldn't just redownloading the mods that you have, reinstalling them through NMM and then uninstalling them through NMM do the trick?

You may need to uninstall and then reinstall NMM first and perhaps place it's Skyrim directory folder in a different directory than what's default.

As a point of practice, I usually manually download mods/files from Nexus (not use the automated NMM download) and then import them into NMM to install/unpack. This gives me a separate directory to which all the mods and updates are kept (it also stops an issue where I would find NMM would lock occasionally during downloads).

Also, if I find a mod on the Steam Workshop that I like, I try and find it on Nexus instead of using the Steam download. It keeps all mod installation consistant and I find Steam as slow as hell to download from.

Saving a whole lot of downloading, if the mods you are wanting to get rid of are esp/esm then you only need to deselect the appropriate mod in the plugins tab of NMM (or in the data files area of the game's intro scene). Deselect them first and then run the game to check that everything is OK before actually deleting them from the data directory (and even deleting them from the data directory is optional, but it does help keep it tidy),

If the mods are texture changing (Sexy Whiterun etc) then you will need to reinstall them via NMM so that they will be uninstalled correctly and the vanilla textures returned.

Like I said, this might be a bit too simplistic but I thought that I'd throw it in just in case it wasn't considered.

debisib

debisib

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Yea I tried that already, didn't work, but it made perfect sense to me, too. I don't understand why that wouldn't work.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.964 seconds